PDA

View Full Version : Which 48 WB?

RedWingsDet
10-30-2004, 09:39 PM
Well, i plan on sellin ALL of my equipment so make me offers, but... what im asking ya on this post is...

Im looking next year to get 2 21's, a 48" hydro WB, and an 7x18ft enclosed trailer.

Now, for a 48.... Ive been looking at the exmark wbs, gravely wbs, i like my exmark i have now, but i want a hydro (the viking i have is 6-8yrs old and doesnt have hydro).

the mower that has really cought my eye is the Standar! I saw a loco using one today, and it looks quite spiffy, what are your oppinions on it? how does it cut? how realiable is it? and all that good stuff. and how much did you you pay for yours if you have one?

or what other hydros do you guys have.

i want a hydro that has plenty of power and is able to pull a skuly or be a standar. please leave me some feedback. I wont be purchasing one until spring, but i want to know exactly what i want and so as soon as spring hits i can snatch the mower i choose up, oh and how much it'll cost me... thanks again!

PLI1
10-30-2004, 09:47 PM
I have 4 exmark viking hydros. I and my employees love em. They are also awesome leaf mulchin machines when equipped with the mulch kit.

LLandscaping
10-30-2004, 09:50 PM
Why are you buying all new equipment next year, why not just sell the walkbehind and trailers.

RedWingsDet
10-30-2004, 09:55 PM
well, i what i basically just want to get rid of the wb, dixie, and trailers. then sell the other stuff if it comes down to it. but i really just want to sell the dixie, exmark, and trailers

fga
10-30-2004, 10:03 PM
Well, i plan on sellin ALL of my equipment so make me offers, but... what im asking ya on this post is...

Im looking next year to get 2 21's, a 48" hydro WB, and an 7x18ft enclosed trailer.

that is my set up... minus the enclosed trailer :) works excellent in the city.

RedWingsDet
10-30-2004, 10:10 PM
that is my set up... minus the enclosed trailer :) works excellent in the city.

yep yep. the dixie is just tooo big for the areas i have. its good for about 5 houses, but really isnt worth having to haul around the extra weight and is just taking up space. plus the 5x10 is just taking up space, and i want to get an enclosed, so i want to sell the 7x16, plus i want a hydro 48 instead of gear....

what kind of 48 do you have? is it hydro? how does it cut, stripe, etc?

RedWingsDet
10-30-2004, 10:30 PM
or does anyone have the JD Quik-Trak? if so, what series? how is it? does it cut good? leave good stripes? and what dont you like about it, if any? is it powerful enough?

fga
10-30-2004, 10:39 PM
yep yep. the dixie is just tooo big for the areas i have. its good for about 5 houses, but really isnt worth having to haul around the extra weight and is just taking up space. plus the 5x10 is just taking up space, and i want to get an enclosed, so i want to sell the 7x16, plus i want a hydro 48 instead of gear....

what kind of 48 do you have? is it hydro? how does it cut, stripe, etc?
its a belt 48" older. it cuts great, haven't put a striping kit on though, so i don't know. Its a good idea with a set up like this to also add a 32". once i get my 32" running or buy a new one, i'll be set.

jim dailey
10-30-2004, 10:40 PM

Now, for a 48.... Ive been looking at the exmark wbs, gravely wbs, i like my exmark i have now, but i want a hydro (the viking i have is 6-8yrs old and doesnt have hydro).

the mower that has really cought my eye is the Standar! I saw a loco using one today, and it looks quite spiffy, what are your oppinions on it? how does it cut? how realiable is it? and all that good stuff. and how much did you you pay for yours if you have one?

or what other hydros do you guys have.

i want a hydro that has plenty of power and is able to pull a skuly or be a standar. please leave me some feedback. I wont be purchasing one until spring, but i want to know exactly what i want and so as soon as spring hits i can snatch the mower i choose up, oh and how much it'll cost me... thanks again!

Mark, look at your pm's. I have left you a couple over the past few days. Pls. reply when you have a chance. Thank you. JIM.

RedWingsDet
10-30-2004, 11:02 PM
check yous jim daily. sorry about that, been pretty busy lately.

so about those standers or quick-tracks?

impactlandscaping
10-30-2004, 11:12 PM
The Standers are awesome. The new 23hp 52" is on my list for spring, as well as a 32" when it becomes available. I have 17 / 48's now, and love 'em. Agile and quick, they make short work of lawns, large or small. Expect to pay anywhere between 4K's to low 6K's for the standers, depending on deck /hp combo and dealer.If you have a dealer close by, set up a demo before the season is over. If your dealer participates in the Channel Partner Discount Program, you can order over winter, pick up in the spring, and save some serious $$ in the process. PM me if you need more info on the Wrights.

PaulJ
10-31-2004, 02:22 AM
The BEST 48" walkbehind is the hustler Super walkbehind. Their standard is prob 2nd. The super has the most hp of any 48" WB (23hp). and the largest tires of any WB.
If exmark built a 48" like their bigger walks they might come close but the hustler h-bar steering controls are the easiest to use.
Som will try to tell you this machin is too big but I use mine on lawns from about 2000 sq ft to 30000sq ft. I have a bull rider sulky on it, double blades and accelerator bagger.

Travis Followell
10-31-2004, 08:24 AM
Also look at Lesco or Cub cadet Commercial walk behinds. They come standard with striping rollers and have a good cut.

Itsgottobegreen
10-31-2004, 10:52 AM
I am with impact on this one, as always when dealing with Wright equipment. 52" 23 hp stander is the best choice. (just bought one) You can do postage stamp lawns and then 3 acres with the same machine. No ZTR or walk behind can do that. I would also get rid of the the 21" and get one of the new 32" stander (I can't wait to get my hands on one) They also stripe very nice. That 18' trailer you are getting can fit four 52" standers, just to let you know.

J.Gordon
10-31-2004, 11:44 AM
I would have to agree with Paul about the Hustler, especially if you need to change cutting heights on different lawns. They have the best controls of any walk-behind on the market. Just my .02
Jeff