PDA

View Full Version : Wind Damage today, truck

wriken
10-30-2004, 11:31 PM
High winds today snapped a smaller poplar tree to day and hit my wife's car and then got my truck.

wriken
10-30-2004, 11:33 PM
wife's car

wriken
10-30-2004, 11:37 PM
more pics of wind

RedWingsDet
10-30-2004, 11:49 PM
dang that really sucks, im sorry to see that, those winds were insane today, i had leaf cleanups to do, couldnt get any done because the leaves would just go right back, or more would fall, so all i could do today was cut, about 20 lawns, which still sucked cause of the wind and dampness, not to mention, when i came home and saw some of my aluminum siding lying in my backyard that fell off :(

good luck on the truck and your wifes car. hopefully the snow wont fall till you get your truck fixed! but today it was fairly warm/humid out so it shouldnt fall until middle of nov.

Eric 1
10-30-2004, 11:56 PM
Oh man :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: And that truck is a beauty to.

I see it broke the plow light and the bug guard, how bad is the damage to the hood?

At least it mist the windshield.

Eric 1
10-30-2004, 11:59 PM
Hey i just noticed, the dog sniffing the truck again. Why do all the pics of you trucks lately show your dogs butt?

Oh the woes of living in a wooded area, I feel your pain.

wriken
10-31-2004, 12:11 AM
Oh man :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: And that truck is a beauty to.

I see it broke the plow light and the bug guard, how bad is the damage to the hood?

At least it mist the windshield.

The body guy said he will replace the hood, thank god it happened now, not when the snow hits, still driveable though. Thats one reason I bought a back up plow truck. He said when the parts are in, I could use his truck, (but I have 2 others) and will have it for a day.
Another good thing, is its a non collision damage, very low deductible, I believe 100.00

wriken
10-31-2004, 12:12 AM
Hey i just noticed, the dog sniffing the truck again. Why do all the pics of you trucks lately show your dogs butt?

Oh the woes of living in a wooded area, I feel your pain.
I noticed that also, right after I posted it.
I would never trade it for city living, did that in college.

ALarsh
10-31-2004, 09:22 PM
Just curious wriken, do you have any land? If so, how many acres?

Do you have a pole barn or shop?

How far away do you live from the main area you do your lawn care/work.

That sucks it was the newer ford that got hit...

wriken
10-31-2004, 10:09 PM
Just curious wriken, do you have any land? If so, how many acres?

Do you have a pole barn or shop?

How far away do you live from the main area you do your lawn care/work.

That sucks it was the newer ford that got hit...

I have 10 acres located here, little stream and a pond. Pole barn is a 30x40, with a 10' overhang. I cut in 3 counties, my furthest accounts are about 30 miles away, we usually work there 3 days, sometimes 4 days out of the week, then is closer to home.

Up North
10-31-2004, 11:30 PM
Wriken, that sucks. But like you say, better now then 2-3 weeks from now. Wicked wind yesterday. I went to one of my deerstand's this evening and yesterday's wind blew down a dead jackpine right in front of my stand, had to climb over and thru it to get up into the stand.

Buck

poolboy
11-01-2004, 05:14 AM
That's a *****, sorry man!!!