PDA

View Full Version : The Rude, Obnoxious Neighbor

HOOLIE
10-31-2004, 01:41 AM
You can file this story under the "Blowing Leaves into Neighbors Lawn" category.

Last lawn of the day today, I'm finishing up, blow off the driveway, go around back, decide I'd better blow a little cluster of leaves into the wooded areas. Just didn't look right. Anyway, I notice the neighbors out, poking around his backyard. Not really paying any attention to me, just wandering aimlessly. Then he sort of timed his exit from the backyard as I was leaving my customers backyard. "Hey, how ya' doin'" I said. He smiled and said hi.

So I put the blower in the truck, start the truck, and I hear this guy screaming at me. I mean, he's gone berserk. I get out of the truck, he's pointing at his lawn. I'm like, "What".

"You are going to blow these leaves outta my lawn, RIGHT NOW!"
"And why is that..."
"You blew them in here, that's extra work for me!"
"These 8 leaves...is that what you're screaming about...I think they were already there..."
"I want them out of here, RIGHT NOW!!!"

So I stood there, took a deep breath, and then it hit me. I looked at him and said- "I'll blow these leaves out, but first I want you to APOLOGIZE for acting like a lunatic and ask NICELY..."

"I'm NOT going to do that!"
"Fine then, I don't work for rude people. I'll see ya' next time..."

He stood glaring at me for maybe 30 seconds or so, then, slowly he said- "OK, I'm sorry for yelling at you. Could you please blow these leaves out of my yard?"

"That's more like it" (Well, maybe not sincere enough, but I'll take it)

So he thanked me, I said, no problem, and "You be sure and have a nice weekend now, ya' hear!"

JERK

MOW ED
10-31-2004, 07:23 AM
Ya should have blew them out of his yard and into his mouth.

I give you credit for handling the incident with composure. Most people are not such a-holes but the ones that are want everyone to know about it. If it was late in the day and I had a bad day I believe that I would not have been as kind as you.

Travis Followell
10-31-2004, 08:09 AM
Hoolie, I guess that was a nice thing you done there but if it was me I would have made him pay me for it if it was at the end of the day because i would have been tired.

bobbygedd
10-31-2004, 09:10 AM
"oh, you mean, these leaves over here? i think they were already there. yes, i'm sure they were, in fact, if you take a closer look (at this point, hand full of hair, rubbing his face into the leaves) i'm sure you will realize, they were already there."

rodfather
10-31-2004, 09:15 AM
That's when I got up to him and say, "no habla englese senor"

LB Landscaping
10-31-2004, 10:23 AM
I'm with Bobby, if you're lucky ther would be a little dog crap under one of those leaves. :p

jbell113
10-31-2004, 11:02 AM
I have a short fuse and I found that ,...........when being yelled at ........if you speak softly and kindly and be respectful .......the yeller 99% of the time will calm way down......it sort of defuses the situation. I will give them the oppurtunity to calm down, but if they dont I will go off on them. I

mtdman
10-31-2004, 11:31 AM
I got this guy who I've had problems with for YEARS. He's a nutjob that cuts his lawn every damned day. He lives next to one of my customers. For a while, every week he would stand in his yard and make sure I wasn't blowing grass into his yard, etc. He'd always yell and go bazerk if he thought I did. One day, he came home while I was mowing the neighbor and starting go nuts on me. It was a bad day for me, and I'd had it. I shut the mower off, and in front of his wife I told him to shut up, leave me alone, and go away. If he said one more thing I was going to stomp a mudhole in him and he'd have a lot worse things to worry about than his lawn. That shut him up and he went away.

He gave me some crap this spring too. I told him that when he died, I was going to buy his house and tear the whole lawn up so that he could look up from hell and see what a waste of time his last 30 years of life was. Then I told him to go get a life and quit worrying about me, he didn't have many days left.

Normally I don't treat people this way, but I've put up with his crap for 6 years now, and tried being as polite as can be to him. I've got 4 neighbors of his on the block, and he just won't let up on me some days. The whole block feels the same way about him, I saw him go after a neighbor woman for parking in front of his house. The only thing he understands is insults and it's the only thing he will respond to. Plus it's fun to do every so often.

The C Man
10-31-2004, 02:41 PM
He gave me some crap this spring too. I told him that when he died, I was going to buy his house and tear the whole lawn up so that he could look up from hell and see what a waste of time his last 30 years of life was.

Oh God d*mn, that was funny!

RedWingsDet
10-31-2004, 02:50 PM
He gave me some crap this spring too. I told him that when he died, I was going to buy his house and tear the whole lawn up so that he could look up from hell and see what a waste of time his last 30 years of life was. Then I told him to go get a life and quit worrying about me, he didn't have many days left.

OMG that is funny!!!

a a green
10-31-2004, 05:32 PM
I have a neighbor that does the same thing, only he is afraid to say anything to me so he'll say it to my wife. One day when he was giving her some crap, I was home and standing near the door. As soon as I heard it I opened the door and started his way and he was back in his house in no time. I have since told him If he has any problems with anything we do not to bother speaking to my wife, just to wait for me to get home.... funny thing is we haven't had a complaint in almost a year.