PDA

View Full Version : Lost Equipment...

impactlandscaping
10-31-2004, 01:18 AM
I was leaving an account yesterday, under fire from a severe thunderstorm, and left a Shindaiwa EB240 blower sitting on the tongue of the trailer. I had been using it to blow shrub clippings out of the beds into the lawn for pickup.We were hurrying to get out of there b/c of really bad lightning, and in the hurry, neither one of us remembered to lock it in... Bad thing is, I just realized it today. Went back out today, no sign of it. Some lucky SOB got a nice handheld blower . Good thing both BP's were locked on the gear caddy..lol..So, what have you lost this year?????

HOOLIE
10-31-2004, 01:23 AM
I tend to lose customers checks if they come out and pay me while I'm mowing. They tend to end up at the bottom of the washing machine a few days later...

Also, I lose a lot of safety glasses, and the little metal cup from my coffee thermos. Knock on wood, haven't lost anything big yet.

alpine692003
10-31-2004, 01:46 AM
Hand Pruners!

Runner
10-31-2004, 04:49 AM
It sounds like you need to instill the strong. firm policy that EVERYTHING gets put back on the trailer IN ITS DESIGNATED PLACE. It would take about as long to put it in its place as it did putting it on the tongue. This saves alot of equipment from being dumped. misplaced, and the good ole "run over". Our policy is, if you set it down, it is set down in its place AND strapped down. Too often have I gotten to a job when I look and see a trimmer just riding in the hooks...not even tied down. I was lucky to have it, just because the help didn't strap it down right away. Now, it gets strapped IMMEDIATELY.