PDA

View Full Version : did i lose 2 jobs, or did i save the hassle of collecting $700 the hard way

bobbygedd
10-31-2004, 10:33 AM
did 2 quotes this morning. leaf cleanup in very rough areas. i quoted them both at $350 each. both parties showed interest, but were obviously turned off by my request they sign an "authorization to proceed with service" form. more commonly known as a contract. one guy stated that he is paying cash, and doesn't see any need for the "authorization form." i said great, i'll take that now then. he just looked at me funny. i left both houses with a , "i'll call you back". i don't think i'll hear from them again. did i lose 2 jobs, or did i save the hassle of collecting on a couple of deadbeats?

Norm Al
10-31-2004, 10:40 AM
you saved them and yourself tons of paper work!

fga
10-31-2004, 10:41 AM
i call it the "red flag". if you think you saw it... then your saved yourself not only the time and grief of trying to collect the money, but also the time of doing 2 big clean ups, when you could be doing something else..

Ric
10-31-2004, 10:51 AM
BooBy

Sounds like you saved yourself another day court. Just check your local TV listing for "JUDGE JUDY". That way you won't have court room withdrawal.

Norm Al
10-31-2004, 12:37 PM
http://ghettopoly.com/images/logo.jpg

Pecker
10-31-2004, 12:38 PM
Sounds more like you scared them away.

Norm Al
10-31-2004, 01:10 PM
http://www.motonews.com/mototalk2/files/259428-50leap.jpg

Ric
10-31-2004, 01:30 PM
Scott

Great picture, but are you implying BooBy might be Flying by the sit on his pants. Or just a fly by night.

BTW those Phoenix canariensis (palm trees) in the back ground are worth more money than BooBy.

LawnBoy89
10-31-2004, 04:21 PM
That is a sick jump on a 50. Where did you get that?

rodfather
10-31-2004, 04:58 PM
Role of the dice there bg...guys says he's paying cash, great, you can pay me in advance then.

grass_cuttin_fool
10-31-2004, 06:41 PM
Im not sure about a day in court but I have the feeling that it was gonna be the ole '' I will call you in a day or two'' while i check prices with some one else

JustMowIt
11-01-2004, 09:22 AM
did 2 quotes this morning. leaf cleanup in very rough areas. i quoted them both at $350 each. both parties showed interest, but were obviously turned off by my request they sign an "authorization to proceed with service" form. more commonly known as a contract. one guy stated that he is paying cash, and doesn't see any need for the "authorization form." i said great, i'll take that now then. he just looked at me funny. i left both houses with a , "i'll call you back". i don't think i'll hear from them again. did i lose 2 jobs, or did i save the hassle of collecting on a couple of deadbeats?

Sound like deadbeats, but it is odd that 2 customers would have the same reaction on the same day. We have found that many times it is how you "present" things is how the customer will react.

We require a credit card to charge each mow to, and we only lose about 1 of 10 customers to this fact, the reason is when they call we make it sound easy, convenient,and sometimes explain why we operate this way, without sounding demanding.

It is not uncommon to have to sign a form to begin work on your car, mower, carpet cleaning, etc. I would try re-wording your "spill" when comes time to sign the contract. Try with not explaining at all (i.e. Please sign here & we will get started on the cleanup"). After that, try explaining why you require the form without getting into "bad experiences", if they still refuse then you can be comfortable that you avoided a deadbeat. The key is the presentation, no abruptness or anger. Give this a try, I'll bet it will help.

Norm Al
11-01-2004, 09:31 AM
can you imagine huckin that gap on a 50,,,,,,,serious balls to pull that!

it dont take balls to scare off a customer?

www.motonews.com

Norm Al
11-01-2004, 02:58 PM
better than paper work!
http://www.ocscottie.com//uploads/upgrade.jpg