PDA

View Full Version : Thomas skidsteer

kELTIC
10-31-2004, 10:36 AM
Hi, does anyone know if Thomas skidsteers accept Bobcat brand attachments? The machine is a 2001 153S. Cheers FMK

Tigerotor77W
10-31-2004, 12:17 PM
Don't hold me to this, but I believe they will accept Bobcat attachments.

dbear
11-01-2004, 07:54 AM
They will only if they are equipped with the Bobcat system. Never understood why the rest of the industry knuckled under to Bobcat in this area when there were better attachment systems out there. Guess it just shows who the better men are. Contrary to Bobcat's thinking, the world does NOT revolve around them!

Tigerotor77W
11-01-2004, 08:15 AM
dbear, Bobcat was the first to introduce attachments into the skid steer industry. They had a patent on their system for a while; after it expired, companies rushed to copy the system. I don't think Bobcat considers the world to revolve around them; other companies suurely won't accept that, either.

kELTIC
11-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the responses, now does anyone know the required flow needed to run a Bobcat model 709 hoe? I can't seem to find this on the Bobcat site. Thanks FMK

Tigerotor77W
11-01-2004, 05:41 PM
I would say make sure it has at least 16 GPM of flow... I couldn't find it either.

EngDave
11-03-2004, 05:59 PM
Why don't you call Thomas and ask? Their number is (866) BE TOUGH (oh these catchy numbers). Ask for their customer service department or technical support. They're located in your area - Centreville, New Brunswick. You can do the same with Bobcat (check their website for contact number). Both should be able to provide all the specifications for machines and attachments.
Dave

Tigerotor77W
11-03-2004, 06:21 PM
I called them and had them call me back... only they didn't. :(

EngDave
11-03-2004, 07:10 PM
Xing - Did you get a voice or voice mail? If you get a voice always tell them your purchase is contingent on the answer. I promise you they will call you back because manufacturers are product centered. This is a little sneaky but will get you through the corporate maze. If you got a v-mail then be patient. Sure says a lot about a manufacturer if they are slow or don't respond doesn't it?
Dave

Tigerotor77W
11-03-2004, 07:47 PM
Got a voice mail. I was doing just to check on the actual response... as far as their not calling me back, it means they're probably getting too big to respond to silly questions such as mine. Best left to the dealers.

Good suggestions, though... I like them. Maybe I should start doing that.