PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Collection

razorman
10-31-2004, 11:38 AM
I am having trouble coming up with a way to get grass clippings and this time of year leafs from my ztr hopper to the bed of my dump truck. Any ideas?
Paul

sethsodsquad
10-31-2004, 01:47 PM
Search for leaf loaders on Lawnsite. From what I have heard they are worth the money. I would like to get one, but I don't have the truck.

Go to http://www.littlewonder.com for an idea of what these truck loaders are.

I know of a LCO around me that built his own hydraulic lift bucket system to load his lawn waste into his truck. Similar to a large trash truck with the lift mechanism. This would be awesome, but also costs $$$.

If you are looking for the cheapest way to load leaves, use a tarp.

Seth

razorman
10-31-2004, 03:22 PM
That is the way I have been doing it,with only one person it is hard to do.
Thanks Seth

walker-talker
10-31-2004, 06:03 PM
Yes...these are a little costly, but effective if you have a use for them.
www.dumpngo.com

sethsodsquad
10-31-2004, 08:13 PM
Yeah, walker-talker. That's what the LCO I saw had. Nice research.

Seth

Aaron Marshall
10-31-2004, 10:24 PM
I use a walker, walker has a bag that holds the whole hopper of grass/leaves (it cost me 80 bucks) and that works, however it gets heavy as hell when wet, I got wore out by the end of a day. I just built a mini leaf loader out of a spare engine/blower I had laying around. Its just a 6hp with a 6" hose on it. It is pretty slow, but I am no longer tierd at the end of the day from lifting that heavy bag. With the use of this one, I hope next year to invest in a REAL leaf loader, and the bigger the better. Hope this helps
Aaron