PDA

View Full Version : angry customer

rodzilla94
10-31-2004, 04:31 PM
well i just started last year in the biz. but i have a situation. the other day they called me (60 year old couple) wanting to price there yard . well the time i was at home i created a 12 month contract for 2005 this will be the first year I'm doing this, but anyway i quoted the yard $50 bucks its about 1/2 acre he agreed to sign the contract i stated it will start end of march or beginning of April he said OK i have a comments section and i wrote that down he wanted the basic cut,trim, blow package. so i explained to him every thing on the contract but he wanted to cut the yard now he said. so i said I'm not set up to do leaf clean ups( the yard had about 50 percent coverage on the front yard (the reason i did't do the leaves I'm still learning to estimate time on leaf removal) so he told me to cut the grass for now and just mulch the leaves so i did i got a call from him he was mad he told me that i should went around the flower beds and cleaned the leaves off them i tried to tell him that he did't want to pay extra for my time so he told me to rip up the contract i told him that was fine but again I tried to tell him that that he agreed only on the Basic package and it took 1 1/2 hours to mulch the leaves and mow he told me that he will see me in court so should i sweat this or say he is just blowing out of his a** remember I'm new to the lawn biz. so tell me what i should do......thanks guys p.s i also wrote down that the contract will start in march or April and he told me that he did not want to pay extra for the leaves.

Runner
10-31-2004, 06:10 PM
Let it go...he will go away. I din't understand how or why you're "not equipped" for leaves, though. I would have have sold a cleanup to him. It sounds as if he may have been a good customer...he just needed someone who is able to deliver.

rodzilla94
10-31-2004, 06:31 PM
well i was going to do it anyway but he told me that he was not going to pay for the clean up i tried to convince him but no luck i was going to charge him $50 more for it but he plainly refused i thought it was a good price for about a hour worth of work but he said it was to high he said he would not give me a dime