PDA

View Full Version : "Big Daddy Bagger", with the extender??

buttaluv
10-31-2004, 07:40 PM
I am looking to order the "Big Daddy Bagger" from JC THOMAS and was wondering about getting the extender as well it's an additional 2.5 cu. yards, I've got a 48" exmark viking 15 hp kawi...Do any of you fella's use this setup, is the extender worth 99.00? What do you think?

gravedigger5
10-31-2004, 07:56 PM
Never heard of the Big Daddy but I have an accelerator bagger and extender for my toro proline which is the same thing as your viking. The setup works great. Probably a little pricer but the quality is great and the bagger just lifts on and off with no mounting brackets or anything. I am sure if I take care of it, it should outlast the mower. Marc

buttaluv
10-31-2004, 09:57 PM
I think the big daddy is just like the accelerator, only not quite as fancy. The thing I'm worried about is not filling up all 4.5 cu yds of the bagger let alone the extra 2.5 with the extender. I had a metal bagger similiar to the big daddy on my old bob cat and it would only fill halfway up then start leaving streaks of grass, so i would have to dump.

Fareway Lawncare
10-31-2004, 10:22 PM
Big Daddy would be More like the Grass Gobbler than the Accelerator....ie. Heavier....Not Aluminum...No Easy Dump...On/Off

Stick w/Accelerator's...Price Shopping gets you Scrub Equipment.

gravedigger5
11-01-2004, 09:06 AM
The acelerator fills up almost all the way even with the extender. Only problem is in heavy wet grass and going too fast, tends to clog the inlet up. Slow down a little bit and works fine. Marc