PDA

View Full Version : answering services, do any of you use them???

swing blade
11-01-2004, 08:21 AM
One of the services that my partner and i are looking into is the use of an answering service. It costs anywhere from 35-50 dollars a month. Our customers could call the answering service anytime. The answering service would answer the call with a greeting specified by us, and then would take the message and forward it to us. The nice thing is we can specify which partner gets the message depending on the time of day or days of the week; for instance if its after 6 pm all messages can be forwarded to a specific person, or if i'm in class on tuesdays, all messages on tuesdays go to someone else.

do any of you use these types of services and/or what do all of you think of this service

Premo Services
11-01-2004, 09:59 AM
Sounds interesting, do the company you are interested in have a web site??

swing blade
11-01-2004, 10:54 AM
yes they do, its www.answersconnect.com

Wreak
11-01-2004, 01:29 PM
http://www.answerconnect.com/

MMLawn
11-01-2004, 01:44 PM
I really don't see where it would be worth the expenditure even as low as it is or where it really does anything that a regular old answering machine on your business number or cell phone that can be checked anytime you wish wouldn't do. These are great for "emergency call out" type service businesses like AC/Heating, Plummers, etc but we as LCo's wouldn't be going out on an emergency cut call at 10PM or such.

WigginsLandscaping
11-01-2004, 02:10 PM
I personally wouldnt see the need for it. We have an office but no one there most of time. We forward calls when we are not there to our cells and we answer our own calls. I dont see the benefit personally. But I have been wrong before. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Gravely_Man
11-01-2004, 02:54 PM
I do not use an answering service. All calls are answered and if it is important then I am contacted and the call can either be put through or else I can return the call immediately. All clients are given my direct cell number in case of an emergency or else they can call the office.

Gravely_Man

daycab
11-01-2004, 03:12 PM
I used an answering service for a while when I ran a carpet cleaning business in the late '80s. The problem was the live voice couldn't answer any specific questions- just forward a message.

sodzilla
11-01-2004, 05:12 PM
The company I worked for before doing lawn care had an answering services that took all our calls. We would call-in to get our messages. It worked pretty good, but sometimes a message would get lost or the service would give the wrong info to a specific question. The other problem is, if the service is busy sometimes the caller is on hold for a long period of time and just hang up. Many of my customers back then compained about being on hold for so long so I just gave them my cell number and they would call me direct.