PDA

View Full Version : dealers high priced

lottlawncare
11-01-2004, 12:05 PM
My dealer seems high priced...not to mention they are all a bunch of aholes. Are dealers typically overpriced? If so, do you guys try to bargain with them?

pfifla1
11-01-2004, 12:07 PM
i only go to my dealer when i need parts right away. they are generally nice but very very very over priced. i needed a new FC420V for my WB, they wanted 970$ for the motor, i ordered mine of ebay shipped for 710$ came 3 days later, coudlnt be happier. why couldnt they do 750$? they said that they dont bargain.

boxoffire
11-01-2004, 08:48 PM
I live in a fairly large city for this area (Raleigh, NC) and JD dealer and others are higher than say 30 miles out of town in another county where you can get up to $1000 off a Z Trac for example. $7k in Raleigh, $6k in Smithfield. The higher priced dealers do seem more money greedy than the country dealers who may be a bit smaller.

beransfixitinc
11-01-2004, 09:02 PM
i only go to my dealer when i need parts right away. they are generally nice but very very very over priced. i needed a new FC420V for my WB, they wanted 970$ for the motor, i ordered mine of ebay shipped for 710$ came 3 days later, coudlnt be happier. why couldnt they do 750$? they said that they dont bargain.

Hope your ebay seller is going to provide you with warranty service, should you need it... assuming the engine is new.

THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE A NEGATIVE POST, JUST MY WAY. LIKE BOBBYGEDD COMES ACROSS AS A SADISTIC DEVIL SOMETIMES, SO I COME ACROSS AS A "NEGATIVE DUDE".

HOOLIE
11-02-2004, 01:01 AM
Probably anybodys gonna seem overpriced compared to e-bay. I'm not a dealer, but you have to remember they are running a business too. I can call my dealer and run a problem by him, he'll give me a few ideas to check out. He'll often fix minor problems for free. I always offer to pay, but he sees the larger picture, that I drive past 4 or 5 other dealers to go to him. We don't nickle and dime each other.

tiedeman
11-03-2004, 04:01 AM
I would check up on at least 2 ro 3 others and compared prices. Also go to the dealer that treats you good as well

Rustic Goat
11-03-2004, 04:12 AM
Dealer pricing and attitude appear in many posts here, do a search for an education.

Dealers must make profit, some have good working attitudes and some not, sometimes it's the individual not the entire dealership.
I don't buy everything from my dealer, but I don't go out of my way not to buy from them either. That leaves a good rapport between them and myself.
There have been a couple of times when I've had trouble and they've worked me right in, knowing that I'm an LCO and down time means loss of $ to me.

Ultimately= Don't burn the bridge between you and your dealer, if someone has an attitude, deal with someone else, sooner or later you are going to need them more than they'll need you.

Mickhippy
11-03-2004, 06:02 AM
You lot dont know how good you've got it! How would you like to spend $20000 on a standard ZTR like a Hustler Super Z, $24k on a Scag TT!.

I used to pay $30 (the price of a standard 1/4 acre block with a 21" Honda, about an hours worth) for "1" blade for my JD from the dealer($90/set). I can now get modified blades for $20 each from a wholesaler!

Like I said, you dont know how lucky you are with the prices you pay for your machinery/trucks/fuel/parts/laborers etc!

crawdad
11-03-2004, 06:24 AM
My dealer doesn't bargain with his prices, but, neither do I.
Crawdad