PDA

View Full Version : Needing A Logo

yard works
11-01-2004, 05:42 PM
i AM NEEDING A LOGO FOR MY BUISNESS FOR I CAN PUTIT ON MY TRUCK AND WORK UNIFORMS.DOES ANYBODY HAVE SOME GOOD IDEAS.

mtdman
11-01-2004, 06:14 PM
Go to designoutpost.com and do a contest for a logo. That's how many of us got ours.

:D

Team Gopher
11-01-2004, 06:25 PM
Hi yard works,

Here is a link to hundreds of green industry logos (http://www.gophergraphics.com/index.cgi?page=artists). Maybe one of them will inspire you.

FERT-TEK
11-01-2004, 07:31 PM
A while back I replied to a similar post about design outpost and included the work that they did for me. I am really happy with the work they did. Hopefully this link will get you to that post if you are interested in looking. Otherwise I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for an original logo at a fair price.
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?postid=746684&highlight=FLC+Dave#post746684

wagner17
11-02-2004, 10:16 AM
I would highly recommend DesignOutpost.com. I went through another online logo company and was not happy with the results. In my opinion, you just cannot lose with DesignOutpost.

Steve

The C Man
11-02-2004, 11:41 AM
Is Design Outpost still an option if you already have a logo that you like, but it just needs some tweaking?

Green Dreams
11-02-2004, 01:02 PM
I told them what my idea was. I could see it, but I couldn't draw it. I know that makes no sense. I spent less than a C Note and am very, very happy with what I walked away with. I think you'd be amazed at the talent there....

The C Man
11-02-2004, 05:53 PM
I told them what my idea was. I could see it, but I couldn't draw it. I know that makes no sense. I spent less than a C Note and am very, very happy with what I walked away with. I think you'd be amazed at the talent there....

I know what you mean, I can't draw either. I have a friend who's an art teacher and he came up with my logo this summer. It's 98% done, it just needs some tweaking, and his time is limited so he can't respond quickly when I make suggestions to him. I'm thinking I'd like to have several individuals work on it like at Design Outpost but I'm concerned about submitting what's basically a finished product to them.

FERT-TEK
11-02-2004, 07:06 PM
C-man Design Outpost can do anything you want. They took elements from different designs I liked and incorporated them into mine. For instance the color scheme and striping effect in my logo (avitar) was something I wanted to see along with their own ideas and suggestions. Here is a link to a thread I did a while back http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?postid=746684&highlight=FLC+Dave#post746684 This thread and it describes the entire process and also shows most of the work the designer did for me. I also had two door hangers made and a full page 8 1/2 X 11 brochure done also.

Mickhippy
11-03-2004, 05:27 AM
Heres one I knocked up for ya!

Envision
11-03-2004, 09:47 AM
I used www.1800mylogo.com, they draw up a couple of proofs for you after a consultation and you pick your favorite. The packages are reasonable, starting at $199 and going up from there. I paid around $500 for envelopes, letterhead, 4 business card designs, and all artwork needed for print. I also received 2000 business cards. I made business cards for services I presently offer, and then had a design for services I would offer in the future. Very professional and easy to deal with.

Envision
11-03-2004, 09:50 AM
Oh yeah, you can pay a small extra fee and then you can utilize them for future 'tweaking' of your materials.