PDA

View Full Version : real estate

barefootlawns
11-01-2004, 06:27 PM
has any one just went up to a real estate agency and advertised if not how did you do it

bobbygedd
11-01-2004, 07:06 PM
my wife works for one. i get alot of work through them. often times people will move into a new house, in another state, without having yet sold thier old home. so, while thier home is being advertised, the real estate agancy has me maintain the properties. couldn't be a better deal, the agency garentees payments, and there is no home owner on site to even check the work. oh, btw, are you gonna ask for my social security number as proof of this?

barefootlawns
11-01-2004, 07:08 PM
thanks but have you talked to any more besides the one your wife works for

bobbygedd
11-01-2004, 07:16 PM
no i have not. and to tell the truth, i wouldn't want to. i would be very concerned with getting paid.

Ric
11-01-2004, 07:23 PM
no i have not. and to tell the truth, i wouldn't want to. i would be very concerned with getting paid.

BooBy Almost

Looks like getting paid is a real issue for you. May I suggest you set up a credit card billing system and just help yourself to the customer's money. When they sign the contract just include their CC # as part of the deal.

bobbygedd
11-01-2004, 07:28 PM
well yea ric, isn't that funny, one tiny little issue about working....the part where u get paid. i am kicking around the credit card thing, i just may do it. no geobum , i will not provide you with my birth certificate to prove this

Up North
11-01-2004, 08:52 PM
has any one just went up to a real estate agency and advertised if not how did you do it

Barefoot,
That's how I got one of my best customers. I talked to the realtor I bought my place from and he set me up with a guy he knew that owned several rental properties. Ended up with 5 of his accounts. Just talked with another agency in town on Sat. and they want me to do some props for them next season. Seems some people move away before the house sells and the agency will contract with someone to maintain those props. May be hit or miss but I'll give it a try and see how it works out.

Buck

mtdman
11-01-2004, 10:09 PM
I've worked for a few realators over the years. The problem is with the cheap-o real estate agents that only want it cut every few weeks, or right before they show it, etc, and want it to look great. They don't want to spend the dough, but want it to look perfect. I have worked for the homeowners that move away and need the lawn maintained. That is by far a much more desirable deal.

lawnworker
11-01-2004, 10:24 PM
Bobby, does your wife like selling home? How many hours do realtors have to work to make a good salery? I have been thinking about ditching lawn care for a career in real estate.

tiedeman
11-01-2004, 11:31 PM
I work for a real estate company and love it. They are always throwing work my way all the time. They probably give me at least a dozen properties a month to take care either because the house just jumped on the market or its closing

bobbygedd
11-02-2004, 08:14 AM
lawnworker, she loves it. not many hrs involved at all, and she works when she wants to. she's a hustler, a go getter. like anything else, you need commitment and staying power. i think in her first year she made nothing. this being her 2nd, it's been great for her. in the months of july, aug +sept, she made over 40 grand in commisions.