PDA

View Full Version : Still Advertising??

michindi
11-01-2004, 06:34 PM
For those of you that mow all year round do you still hand out flyers and such to get new customers?

barefootlawns
11-01-2004, 06:43 PM
yeah but i change my flier to say fall clean up

Collegiate
11-01-2004, 06:45 PM
Wether you mow all year round or not it is good to advertise all year with flyers or signs to keep in the heads of all the potential customers that see you doing at good job at Jan Doe's house in such and such neighborhood. For instance, i had put out flyers two weeks ago for Leaf Clean Up. A man called me tonight and said i got your name from the flyer you put out but i lost it and then i saw the sign you posted at the entrance to the neighborhood. So, needless to say, advertise wherever you do work on a continous basis. Your name will get out there so enough....

tiedeman
11-03-2004, 02:24 AM
have to agree that you need to advertise all year long whether it be warm season or cool season grasses you are dealing with

Team Gopher
11-03-2004, 07:59 PM
Hi michindi,

You should always try to advertise your business year round. Here are some free flyer templates that might inspire you. (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=942)

michindi
11-03-2004, 09:47 PM
Hey thanks Gopher i will look into them

wriken
11-03-2004, 10:46 PM
so far this year 2004, I have not advertized one bit, other then my trucks with the name on them, but papers/flyers none. I may put an add for snow plowing, but then again, maybe not, I'm getting near capacity as far as plowing. I(me) don't want to be working too much this winter. The crew leader on the other hand, his wife wants him pushing snow 7 days a week. :)

Lawnchoice
11-03-2004, 11:41 PM
Have some final " fall/winter" flyers going out tomorrow.

Only going to do 250 of them as it's last minute really. Have plenty of work, it's a matter of curiosity to see how they work. For the cheap cost of setting them out, I will see!