PDA

View Full Version : Stake Body Hydraulics/ Installing

mmacsek
11-01-2004, 08:16 PM
I have a stake body (12') that doesn't dump. I've seen the hydraulics for sale in Northern for about $900. I was told it would be about $2100 to have it installed, including parts. Is this something that is very difficult to install? I would like to do this as a winter project but not get in over my head. I know how to swing a wrench but I'm not God's gift to the mechanics. Did anybody ever do one? Not replace but start from scratch. Thanks Matt

MP350
11-01-2004, 09:04 PM
Had one installed by my welder, with a new pump it only cost me $1100, I already had the bed,hydraulic cylinder,scissor liftand hoses.

szwedj
11-05-2004, 02:29 PM
I just installed one of these a little while back for a guy.
What I did was make up a sub frame. I welded the lift assembly into the sub frame and then bolted the sub frame to the truck and the body to the sub frame. This made it so the whole unit could be easily removed from the truck or the body if he ever got a different truck or body. Also I was able to run the fuel fills through a couple of holes I put in the sub frame then out to the edge of the body. Keep that in mind if your tank(s) are mounted inside the frame rails, you need to get the filler caps to the outside some how, either that or raise the body up every time you need to fuel up.