PDA

View Full Version : what is wrong with my wright stander

zmowingmaster
11-01-2004, 08:36 PM
hello all,i posted the mower's problem in another thread a while ago, but now i have more problems with it, actually it is the same problem....
i bought the mower new 4 months ago, and last month i saw that there is oil on the hydrollic pumps and hoses. the first time i went back to the dealer they changed the pump seal, but next day the problems is still there. i went one more time to the dealer and they said they have to change the hoses, and guess what? the next mowing day i still have a hydrolic oil leaking, but now it is not by the pump, it is where the connection is between the hoses and the tire,the new hoses are longer than the originals, and they are less than half an inch away from rubbing against the tire,i went for the third time to the dealer, i was so mad, but they said that it is wright stander's parts and they will only re-adjust the hoses so they don't rub against the tires.
ok i left the mower today at the dealer and they descovered that there is some fittings ,o-rings or i don't know that has to be changed. to be honest i regret that i bought this mower inspite the fact that it decreased my cutting time by at least 30% and more, i love this mower,but the downtime i have now is making me change the whole idea about wright products.i don't think that the dealer will replace the mower, i don't even think that any dealer would do that, but the fact that is i paid cash for the mower, and now i haven't seen what i should expect from it, problems after a year is some how acceptable, but having the same problem fixed three times after only a few months is something wrong,i don't know what to do, i'll wait to pick up the mower tomorrow, and if i still gonna have any problem related to the hydrollics i will be really angry, and i think the dealer mght recieve some of that anger.i sent couple emails a while ago to wright stander, but nobody replied.
any suggestions guys

Likestomow
11-01-2004, 08:52 PM
Oil leaking from a line isn't a hard thing to figure out. You have to make sure the lines and fittings are clean, so wash them off real good. Then run the machine until something leaks. It could be a clamp that is too loose or maybe a fitting wasn't tightened enough. I've never seen a new hose fail, but I suppose they can. It isn't rocket science.

This is something you should become involved with so you can fix it again in the future when a line begins to leak while you are out mowing. One time one of my hydro lines (low pressure) came entirely off and I lost a couple of quarts of oil before I discovered the leak. Now I carry a couple of quarts of Mobile-1 with me in case this should happen again.

impactlandscaping
11-01-2004, 09:54 PM
Maybe the replacement of the O rings will solve your problem.If not, I believe I would try to contact Wright again. I have never had any problems w/ my Standers, and each time I have emailed the company for info,etc.., , I have recieved a very quick answer, usually next day.