PDA

View Full Version : Today suxed!!

sodgod
11-01-2004, 08:38 PM
What a day!!!! i STILL BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE IN SCHOOL ARE THERE TO BUG THE HECK OTTA ME. And not to mention, i get home and start working, and what happens, the 48" won't start. When ever you pull the cord it just back fires. Of course this is the first time i've had a problem with this mower and it had to be today. I quickly try and fix it doing a bunch of different methods. The new spark plug did the trick. Okay i siad now lets do leaves. My customers only want leaves done when they are all down and then they expect me to charge 20$!!! not gunna hapen. I did a bunch of the rich people so i can have money for tomarrow and come home. There i said, the day is finally getting better. So i had a few minutes and decieded to change the oil in the 48"(a 15 min. job right?). The engine was warm therefore so is the oil. I unscrew the plug and the oil comes pouring out over the hole underneith the plug thats there for draining. It spills out all over the side of the mower and all over the garage floor. :angry: :realmad: so after cleaning that up and 40 min later i call it a night. So far the night is going good, "Pro" magazine was in the mail and now i can sit back, return phone calls and read Pro.

Travis Followell
11-01-2004, 10:06 PM
You just had a bad day but looks like the day will end for you on a positive note.

ALarsh
11-01-2004, 10:22 PM
What a day!!!! i STILL BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE IN SCHOOL ARE THERE TO BUG THE HECK OTTA ME. And not to mention, i get home and start working, and what happens, the 48" won't start. When ever you pull the cord it just back fires. Of course this is the first time i've had a problem with this mower and it had to be today. I quickly try and fix it doing a bunch of different methods. The new spark plug did the trick. Okay i siad now lets do leaves. My customers only want leaves done when they are all down and then they expect me to charge 20$!!! not gunna hapen. I did a bunch of the rich people so i can have money for tomarrow and come home. There i said, the day is finally getting better. So i had a few minutes and decieded to change the oil in the 48"(a 15 min. job right?). The engine was warm therefore so is the oil. I unscrew the plug and the oil comes pouring out over the hole underneith the plug thats there for draining. It spills out all over the side of the mower and all over the garage floor. :angry: :realmad: so after cleaning that up and 40 min later i call it a night. So far the night is going good, "Pro" magazine was in the mail and now i can sit back, return phone calls and read Pro.
You will learn from that oil mistake. You have to use the engine temperature as an advantage. From reading your post, you want the engine cool so it can go in the "hole" to drain the oil. On my JD I get the engine warm so it squirts out, thus not hitting the chassis with oil. You have to be careful when doing it warm though, it can burn you and cause a mess.