PDA

View Full Version : growth for next year?

lawnwizards
11-01-2004, 11:33 PM
just wanted to get an idea of how much everyone wanted to grow by this time next year.... we have 34 residentials and 1 commercial... my goal for next year is 60 residentials and 5 commercials.... whats everyone's goals for next year??? thanks for the reponses..

lawnwizards....

chefdrp
11-01-2004, 11:40 PM
well since i am going full time in spring. I want to have 40+ Lawns. I have 20 right now. And just shy of 1 grand per week. Just cutting.

Kelly's Landscaping
11-02-2004, 12:34 AM
Very big plans but I will wait till Bush is elected before I act on them when I plan on growing with 10s of thousands of dollars in new equipment I want a friend in the white house not some one that will do away with my deductions.

tiedeman
11-02-2004, 12:38 AM
my goal is to increase my customer base by 2/3. Big challenge ahead, but I already have about 20% of those 2/3 setup.

lawnwizards
11-02-2004, 12:40 AM
my goal is to increase my customer base by 2/3. Big challenge ahead, but I already have about 20% of those 2/3 setup.

tiedeman, you seem to know what youre talking about.... do you think my goal is to low or to high or right on target...? thanks..

lawnwizards

tiedeman
11-02-2004, 12:46 AM
tiedeman, you seem to know what youre talking about.... do you think my goal is to low or to high or right on target...? thanks..

lawnwizards

how badly do you want them to be exactly residential and commerical accounts? What if you got 65 residentials and no commericals? It also really depends on your area. I feel that if you stick to that goal and REALLY work HARD at it starting right now, I feel that by next spring you can have your goal achieved.

lawnwizards
11-02-2004, 12:49 AM
how badly do you want them to be exactly residential and commerical accounts? What if you got 65 residentials and no commericals? It also really depends on your area. I feel that if you stick to that goal and REALLY work HARD at it starting right now, I feel that by next spring you can have your goal achieved.

i know that commercial accounts are a crap shoot.... more then likely you'll keep your residentials... commercials may come and go.... but i sure do like the money from commercials....

promower
11-02-2004, 11:11 AM
Im shooting for about for a 40% increase in business, whether it be 1 more account or 30. Although 30 would be better I dont want to much riding on one job. Best time to get prime accounts for next year is to start getting them now.

chevyman1
11-02-2004, 11:33 AM
I plan on going full time as well next year. This year part time I had 35 homes and 3 commercials, already have 2 hotels for next year. Plan on 5-6 large commercials, and 60-70 homes by myself with 1 part time perhaps. Have to go from 40k to 125-150k gross. Also just bid on a complex with 10 building for next year at 125k, so if I get that, my brother in law is also quitting and we are both going full time partners, and that along with this year's base and growth would put us well over 200k gross

Kelly's Landscaping
11-03-2004, 09:19 PM
Well phase one complete Bush won. Now I can breath easy I will be adding 1 new truck 2 new trailers selling a belt wb adding 2 hydro wbs and 3 more lazers. And as many accounts as I can handle we are going to shoot for 300 and see where we find our selves.

KINGjosh
11-03-2004, 09:50 PM
shoot for 100% growth a year if possible, till you reach 100 accounts, then 25%-50% after that

BMFD92
11-03-2004, 11:07 PM
I plan on adding on a ztr, first trailer and hopefully end up with 40 or 50 residential. I already have 20. I only have two commercial but I focus more on residential because I feel that for my age I would not be able to pick up commercials and give them the proper service that they desire.

sanfordandsonfan
11-03-2004, 11:21 PM
I have already eliminated most of my commercial work. After five years, I am getting tired of different property managers, bidding the same work every year and very expensive insurance requirements. I hope to add about twenty new residential accounts which will bring me up to around seventy five. I want to also move into more landscape maintenance work like trimming, mulching and clean ups. Will see how it goes. Good luck to everyone else.

wriken
11-04-2004, 12:00 AM
My goal is to maintain 90% of my current good paying clients, more will come, try to get around 140-150 accounts. Take my #3 employee now, make him the crew leader for next year, hire probably 2 more full time employees and go to town. Now for my current crew leader, he can step up in my place and do maybe 75% of what I do now, me, pick up some of the slack. us 2 will concentrate on the areation, fert, maybe trim a couple bushes etc. I guess my biggert goal is to get a hydoseeder, then us 2 can do that. I see a pretty good market for that in my area. :)
I told my son-in-law(crewleader), that I would like to do some traveling, quading etc, and him and my daughter can join in.

Liberty Lawncare
11-04-2004, 12:32 AM
My goal is to add a hydro walk behind and bagger. Another string trimmer and add at least 35 more residential mowing accounts. Repair the old truck repaint and get it on the road again. Get a snowplow for the old truck and a dump kit for the newer truck. If all that goes well a new 16 HP leaf loader. payup oh yea make more money.