PDA

View Full Version : Tie Downs

Jamesgateslandscaping
11-02-2004, 12:00 AM
I was brought up to tie down everything, but all the pics I have seen on here and other trucks if seen, not much at all is tied down, wont that cause damage to the equipment?

D Felix
11-02-2004, 11:59 AM
Yes, it could. Not to mention possibly a ticket too...

I'm in the same boat; I strap things down 99.9% of the time. The VERY few instances when I go down the road without something strapped in, it's usually because I'm only going a very short distance, it's wedged in really well, or it's something like our sod cutter that doesn't roll around much. It doesn't hurt any that both the trailers have 2'+ sides on them either....

I don't think I've ever seen a trailer go by in town with mowers on it that had them strapped down though. There's one company that pulls a 16' trailer with 3 decent sized Dixie Choppers on it, NONE of them are strapped down. You can see them rolling as the truck goes down the road.

Not strapping things down is pure stupidity, IMHO. Especially the larger stuff like mowers, tractors, skidsteers, etc. And I've seen it all go down the road without straps/chains on it.....

Dan