PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Removals

RICHIE K
11-02-2004, 08:09 AM
DOES ANY OF YOUR CUSTOMERS ASK FOR YOU TO WAIT UNTIL ALL THE LEAFS FALL DOWN ? ONE OF MY CUSTOMER B!TCHED ME OUT BECAUSE WE WERE DOING THE LEAF CLEAN UP TODAY KEEP IN MINE THAT SEE HAS MANY TREES IN HER YARD. COULD NOT CUT CAUSE SO MANY ON HER GROUND.
SHE WANTS TO JUST PAY ONE TIME. I TRIED TO TELL HER BY THE TIME THEY ALL FALL DOWN IT MIGHT BE SNOWING. I HAVE HAD THIS CUSTOMER FOR 4 YEARS NOW AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE SEEN HER IN 2 YEARS ( SHE TRAVELS ALOT ) AND SHE ALWAYS PAYS ON TIME. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?????. MABEY SHE JUST HAS A BUG UP HER A$$ THAT DAY.

RICHIE K

www.kulakandcompany.com :angry:

impactlandscaping
11-02-2004, 10:10 AM
Richie, we have about 16 weekly cleanups each week , plus calls from ads and YP...but, we have this one lady who calls each year for a one time cleanup. She called the other day and said her son was in from DC, and they were going to pile all the leaves up for us. Her lot is about 110' X 95', and there are at least 9 red oak and 5 white oak, plus a few silver and red maples. This yard is a nightmare for one time pickup, but she pays at least 900-1K each time. At least we don't have to pile the leave this year, and she knows there are more leaves than last fall, but she still said" same price as last year?'...sure, why not.....see you on Wednesday :drinkup: Some people think they get a better deal waiting for a final one time c/u, rather than several weekly / bi-weekly c/ups.Does'nt really matter to me, we have the right tools and trucks for the job. I just hope the rain holds off here for a week or so.. :dizzy:

gogetter
11-02-2004, 11:42 AM
First, all of my customers want to wait until the leaves are done falling.

Second, why are you still cutting grass????

impactlandscaping
11-02-2004, 11:54 AM
Jonathan, we're still cutting, too.Hopefully another two cuts for November.

gogetter
11-02-2004, 12:35 PM
Yeah, but I'm right across the river from where Richie is. I'm 10 minutes from Trenton. Our grass stopped growing about 2 weeks ago (give or take a little depending on the lawn).
I finished my last lawns last week, and these were ones that are fertilized and grew a little longer then others. The others were done almost 2 weeks ago.
I wish I was still cutting though $!!.

I'm just surprised he's still cutting today. Richie, are a lot of your lawns fertilized?.

impactlandscaping
11-02-2004, 12:58 PM
Yeah, but I'm right across the river from where Richie is. I'm 10 minutes from Trenton. Our grass stopped growing about 2 weeks ago (give or take a little depending on the lawn).
I finished my last lawns last week, and these were ones that are fertilized and grew a little longer then others. The others were done almost 2 weeks ago.
I wish I was still cutting though $!!.

I'm just surprised he's still cutting today. Richie, are a lot of your lawns fertilized?.
Gotcha..it's funny how even so close in proximity we can be, how different the actual weather patterns are..I'll be glad to be done cutting..until I get the uncontrollable urge to mow my own lawn in Feb. You wind down, glad for the season to be over, and after a month, you want it back....

RICHIE K
11-02-2004, 07:44 PM
YEA 95% OF OUR LAWNS ARE ON THE FERT. PROGRAM + THESE ARE THE PRINCETON NJ, PEOPLE ( snobs and lots of money ). SOME OF THE PEOPLE JUST WANT TO SEE THE LINES IN THE LAWN. I TRY TO GET EVERY LAST $ FROM THEM IF I CAN, HEY IF THEY WANT TO KEEP PAYING THEN ILL TAKE IT. 3 YEARS AGO ONE OF MY CUSTOMERS CALLED US TO CUT THERE LAWN THE DAY BEFORE XMAS. THEY WANTED IF TO LOOK FRESH FOR XMAS. JOHN IF YOUR IN THE AREA STOP BY OUR OFFICE. :waving:

RICHIE K

www.kulakandcompany.com :blob3:

gogetter
11-02-2004, 07:57 PM
Richie, I see your address on your website. So you're near Rider then, right?

RICHIE K
11-02-2004, 08:00 PM
Yes Approx. 2 Miles Im 1 Block Away From Notre Dame High School