PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Unloader Question

The Captain
11-02-2004, 11:33 AM
We've had several ideas/methods proposed on how to get the leaves out of the trailer/truck. We're not fortunate enough to have a dump unit. The method I want to try is the old "Pallet In the Front of the Box Trick". I've got the box (4' tall), built on a 16' trailer. It holds about 11 cu.yds. when packed full. To move this amount weight, what strength rope /cable or type would you suggest using as the pulling mechanism? Also in your opinion, would it move easier with a couple of 2 x 4 's on the floor acting as rails, minimizing the drag on the trailer floor. Any help/ideas would be appreciated. I'm wasting too much time unloading by hand.

Thanks......Jim

MOOSE
11-02-2004, 07:42 PM
You want to use a heavy chain. I was using a lightweight chain and it broke. The heavy chain will last. I have a stake truck and I hook up to a tree and drive away. Works good.

The Captain
11-02-2004, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the advice, Moose
I was thinking of that, as well as those web type tow-straps you see at H.D., Lowes and truck supply stores. (Less cost involved at $1.00/ft.) They have a 4000# rating and will take three (total 60') for my project. Still thinking....Thanks again

Jim