PDA

View Full Version : New RedMax EBZ8000 on order!

FrankenScagMachines
11-02-2004, 01:48 PM
I ordered a new RedMax EBZ8000RH (right hand/tube mount throttle) today. Should get here Thursday or Friday. Got a real good deal on it in my opinion, too. Reason for purchase:
Lots of leaf removal jobs.
Lots of rain, raining non-stop here. When we can get to leaves they are very wet and thick (rain and time and wind brings them down).
We have jobs on lakefront properties that are too steep for mower or push blower but leaves are thick and we need power. The Kawasaki backpack is a great one for regular mowing cleanup and it is slow in leaves compared to the Echo 650, but for thick wet leaves it just sits still almost.
I have a worker and we need to be able to work together on our jobs. Push blower is great on some places it actually reduces fatigue from a backpack but other places we need backpack mobility with a lot of power. I could have bought another Echo 650, i've been very pleased with it, but i decided for the same price of it before taxes i could get a RedMax 8000 with no taxes and shipping included. Extra power, less price. Can't wait to get it. Should be here within a few days i will let you all know how it goes, and tell you where i got it if things work out well, so you all can get good deals through this guy.
Pics and testimony hopefully by this weekend (i will be working this weekend thanks to all the rain).
I hope it all goes well. This is my first RedMax purchase and hope i don't have any problems. I am going off of what you all have said about it.
Thanks for reading. I'll keep you posted.
Eric

wagner17
11-02-2004, 02:14 PM
If you don't mind, where exactly did you order it from and how much did it cost you.

Thanks,
Steve

Gravely_Man
11-02-2004, 02:15 PM
Erick that sounds great. Glad to hear the pictures and the testimonials
are all coming. Please let us know how it works out for you.

Gravely_Man

gogetter
11-02-2004, 03:11 PM
If you don't mind, where exactly did you order it from and how much did it cost you.

Hmmm, I have my suspicions. Eric, I wonder if it starts with an "e"??.

Olylawnboy
11-02-2004, 03:16 PM
I just got one last friday, your going to be impressed!

michindi
11-02-2004, 05:21 PM
I just bought a redmax 7001 on ebay..I was wondering if the warranty is still good if you dont buy it direct from a dealer

FrankenScagMachines
11-02-2004, 05:26 PM
I'm going to wait until i receive the unit to release info on where i got it and if i would endorse buying from these people. I will say it is from someone who sells on Ebay but they're selling it to me straight, not through Ebay. This is taking some off of the price. They have good feedback so hopefully i can add to that. If all goes well you can be sure I will do some advertising for them on here.
Price: $470 including shipping anywhere in the US. can't beat that eh? Ebay Buy-It-Now price was $459 plus $30 shipping, so he is saving me $19 by not using Ebay. Not bad!

I'm not sure on the warranty. His Ebay auction stated 2 year full warranty, so maybe it is transferable. I don't plan to have any trouble with the unit though!

ztoro
11-02-2004, 05:32 PM
Is it the guy in Texas?

I have spoke with him about them.

Has 8000 for 459. maybe the same guy.

Seems legit I called and spoke with the shop....

rodfather
11-02-2004, 05:35 PM
The 8000 is sweet...I bought 2 and might go for one more.

FrankenScagMachines
11-02-2004, 05:38 PM
ztoro, yes same guy. I wasn't going to release the info until i can safely say "I've had a good experience with this person" but so far so good. He has lots of good feedback and he was very nice. I emailed him from the ebay auction and said reply to the email or call me and he called and we talked a bit. he told me what kind of deal he'd cut me and i said ok let me think about it. i called him back later and talked to someone else there who took my number and said he'd have the other guy (Travis) call me back because he was with a customer. Well he called me back and we talked and he was very helpful. Takes credit cards on the phone. Was very helpful and even told me about a good deal they have on RedMax 2 cycle mix oil (I will probably take them up on that deal next spring). Travis there told me he has a lawn care business (17 employees) and that he started the dealership because he was ticked off by the local dealer who monopolized the dealership business there and was not satisfied with his experiences but needed to purchase equipment. So thats the deal.

Again, I'm going to wait till i get the blower to give a recommendation. But you nailed the right guy.

ztoro
11-02-2004, 05:56 PM
I was holding out, until you said the 470 delivered.. I called him up and said you were my friend and he gave me the same deal....

Thanks my friend....

Rob

FrankenScagMachines
11-02-2004, 05:59 PM
No Problem my friend! LOL. Yeah i was going to do that, becuase i know thats a good deal and you'd be hard pressed to find one better plus he was real nice, but i thought i'd see for myself how good the deal turned out first. Anyway, yeah call that number and ask for Travis and say Eric Canady referred you.

jim dailey
11-02-2004, 07:18 PM
I ordered a new RedMax EBZ8000RH (right hand/tube mount throttle) today. Should get here Thursday or Friday. Got a real good deal on it in my opinion, too. Reason for purchase:
Lots of leaf removal jobs.
Lots of rain, raining non-stop here. When we can get to leaves they are very wet and thick (rain and time and wind brings them down).
We have jobs on lakefront properties that are too steep for mower or push blower but leaves are thick and we need power. The Kawasaki backpack is a great one for regular mowing cleanup and it is slow in leaves compared to the Echo 650, but for thick wet leaves it just sits still almost.
I have a worker and we need to be able to work together on our jobs. Push blower is great on some places it actually reduces fatigue from a backpack but other places we need backpack mobility with a lot of power. I could have bought another Echo 650, i've been very pleased with it, but i decided for the same price of it before taxes i could get a RedMax 8000 with no taxes and shipping included. Extra power, less price. Can't wait to get it. Should be here within a few days i will let you all know how it goes, and tell you where i got it if things work out well, so you all can get good deals through this guy.
Pics and testimony hopefully by this weekend (i will be working this weekend thanks to all the rain).
I hope it all goes well. This is my first RedMax purchase and hope i don't have any problems. I am going off of what you all have said about it.
Thanks for reading. I'll keep you posted.
Eric

Eric, I have bought 2 this year...You WILL NOT be dissapointed. Have fun and make some money...JIM.

jsaunders
11-02-2004, 07:33 PM
What the guys number? Is there a full warranty? Thanks Joel

FrankenScagMachines
11-02-2004, 07:38 PM
What the guys number? Is there a full warranty? Thanks Joel
Ztoro listed the number. It is Travis at Landscaper Supply. His phone number is 1-254-753-7900. I spoke with him and he said that the $470 delivered deal is good for anyone who calls in the order. Tell him that I sent you (Eric Canady). Again, his buyitnow on Ebay stated a 2 year full warranty but i don't know how that works. Frankly I don't care as long as the machine has no issues i wouldn't need warranty. If redmax is as good as everyone on here says then i shouldn't need it eh?!

ALarsh
11-02-2004, 07:46 PM
I got a 7001 and i'm very impressed. I'm sure you will be happy with your 8000. :) :cool2:

Smithers
11-02-2004, 07:52 PM
Eric,

I have the EB7001 model. It is about 200cfm less than what you ordered and 3 lbs lighter than yours. Your's is 24lbs. I bet you will love it. The 7001 is the first (and only) backpack i had and i absolutely love it. I used it this weekend on wet grass (first time) and i had no problems. It is very powerful and you will not have any problems. RedMax is made by Komatzu. That is the company that makes heavy duty highway and construction machinery. I bet you will not have a problem at all.

Give the web site address to this guy. A phone number is ok, but i might lose it. A site adress.....i can bookmark.

thanks.

george

FrankenScagMachines
11-02-2004, 08:00 PM
I don't know his website address, if he even has one. His email address is redmaxman@hotmail.com

He said the deal was good for "any over-the-phone purchase". But you could save his email address and then email him for his phone number lol.

I know i'll love this thing, can't wait for it's arrival!!! woo-hoo!!!!!

Smithers
11-02-2004, 08:08 PM
dont forget to take and post some pics too. i got on ebay and found out his item. I wrote him and asked if he has a website. when he replies (and if it's a YES), i will post it on here to help everyone out. take care.

tazz6584
11-02-2004, 08:33 PM
I received mine last week from travis . I have used it all this week and it is great.Saves alot of time i am very impessed with the power.He took my order and it was shipped and received it in 3 days.

FrankenScagMachines
11-02-2004, 08:55 PM
I received mine last week from travis . I have used it all this week and it is great.Saves alot of time i am very impessed with the power.He took my order and it was shipped and received it in 3 days.
tazz, great, thanks for the reply. It's one thing to read that on Ebay feedback page, but it's great to hear that from a fellow LawnSite member! Thats a great thing about this site! I'm not big on handing over that much money to someone i've never met, in hopes that i will receive a promised machine. So i'm more confident i'll have a good experience now!

Smithers
11-02-2004, 09:02 PM
Ok everyone. I got a responce to my email to Travis asking him if his store has a website.

They have a website, but it is under construction. Here is his responce and the phone number...again.

"www.wacolandscapesupply.com .Still under construction!!! Let me know if I can help. Thanks -Travis Landscape Supply 254-753-7900"

Fareway Lawncare
11-02-2004, 09:23 PM
didn't you buy a 5hp BG push blower ?...Now you can sell it.

proenterprises
11-02-2004, 10:06 PM
didn't you buy a 5hp BG push blower ?...Now you can sell it.

why would he do that, didnt he say it was great for flat areas :rolleyes:

EJK2352
11-02-2004, 10:30 PM
why would he do that, didnt he say it was great for flat areas :rolleyes:

Once he straps that EB8000 on his back, that Billy-Goat will be home in the garage collecting dust. Eric, That guys a straight shooter, my friend bought 2-EB7001's off him a couple of months with no problems. I bought my 8000 at a local dealer three weeks ago, I decided that saving $30 wasn't worth the hassle if I need warranty work. You will love that 8000 it rocks!!!

Olylawnboy
11-02-2004, 11:06 PM
EJK, that it does! ("rocks") what a machine! I have not been impressed with a machine since I upgraded from a 233 to a 1.2 g prossesser 3+ years ago :)

Fareway Lawncare
11-03-2004, 01:13 AM
5 hp Push Blowers are about as useful as a snow shovel in the Sahara.

If I remember correctly, Mr. BHB was told this but chose to ignore the advice.

Lawnchoice
11-03-2004, 01:25 AM
You will love it!

The best machine I have ever strapped onto my back.

Eric 1
11-03-2004, 10:28 AM
Dude! :cool: Keep us posted (pun intended) Have fun. :cool2:

LCME
11-03-2004, 10:40 AM
I got the 7001 and I was impressed with the cfm power. My first bp. I'm sure you will enjoy the extra cfm power of the 8000. Great machine. Good luck, LCME

FrankenScagMachines
11-03-2004, 11:48 AM
Ok guys well i have learned my lesson before about buying from wrong dealer and dealer support and all, but we don't really have local RedMax dealers. One is like 25 minutes away, the rest are all 33 miles or farther. I purchased this unit becuase it comes highly recommended and everyone seems to think they are very reliable and trouble-free, so I am banking on that i won't have much/any troubles with it. So far i have had practically no issues with any of my 2 cycle stuff, especially that which is less than a few years old. I don't mind fixing small stuff myself, but for a big repair or costly i'll take it there and let them do it :dizzy:

SpudsM15
11-03-2004, 01:03 PM
Eric,
I've been trying to decide. I got a pb-650 converted to a 750....Love the machine has been running 2 years strong now. My echo dealer is a cool guy can talk to him and stuff really good cust rel. guy...
On the other hand my redmax/lawnmower dealer is always busy never really has a cance to talk to me, but he'se good when I can get him...
I'm thinking ahead for next season when i get some help if I want to get another 750 or go with the redmax.
Oh and by the way wb blowers are very useful when combine with a pb-750...Yes I use both at the same time by myself... This method helps me get close to $100-120 a hour.... Only if I could take a pic, but thats 3 things at once haven't figured that out yet....

FrankenScagMachines
11-03-2004, 01:55 PM
Spuds, I'll let ya'll know how it works out and how it compares to the Echo PB650, and i will keep you update continuously, not just say yeah it's powerful, but i'll let anyone know of any problems i have or concerns.
Thanks,
Eric

LarryF
08-12-2006, 05:10 PM
Ztoro listed the number. It is Travis at Landscaper Supply. His phone number is 1-254-753-7900. I spoke with him and he said that the $470 delivered deal is good for anyone who calls in the order. Tell him that I sent you (Eric Canady). Again, his buyitnow on Ebay stated a 2 year full warranty but i don't know how that works. Frankly I don't care as long as the machine has no issues i wouldn't need warranty. If redmax is as good as everyone on here says then i shouldn't need it eh?!

That post is almost a couple of years old, but it's still good information and an excellent tip, in my opinion. Thanks! I called Travis today and his quotes were a little different from the earlier ones in this thread, but still pretty good. At least I thought so. $420 for the Redman 7001 and $489 for the 8000. That includes delivery, of course. Since mine will be only for homeowner use, I chose the 7001. Until now I've been using a puny Homelite backpack and a 5-HP Little Wonder push type. Based on the favorable comments I've read about the 7001, I don't think I'll ever need either of the old ones again.

mojob
08-12-2006, 08:02 PM
I'm going to wait until i receive the unit to release info on where i got it and if i would endorse buying from these people. I will say it is from someone who sells on Ebay but they're selling it to me straight, not through Ebay. This is taking some off of the price. They have good feedback so hopefully i can add to that. If all goes well you can be sure I will do some advertising for them on here.
Price: $470 including shipping anywhere in the US. can't beat that eh? Ebay Buy-It-Now price was $459 plus $30 shipping, so he is saving me $19 by not using Ebay. Not bad!

I'm not sure on the warranty. His Ebay auction stated 2 year full warranty, so maybe it is transferable. I don't plan to have any trouble with the unit though!
I hope for your sake it isn't, but it sounds like a scam. There's alot of ebay scams going around and when they want you to deal outside of ebay you have no protection. Good luck and let us know. I'm still having trouble with my 8000. It doesn't like the heat.

MMLawn
08-12-2006, 08:07 PM
I hope for your sake it isn't, but it sounds like a scam. There's alot of ebay scams going around and when they want you to deal outside of ebay you have no protection. Good luck and let us know. I'm still having trouble with my 8000. It doesn't like the heat.

Since FSM posted this 2 YEARS AGO.....it probably wasn't :dizzy: :dizzy: ......and BTW at the time the selling dealer was a LS Sponsor.......always helps to actually look at the date on post...... :eek: :waving:

mojob
08-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Since FSM posted this 2 YEARS AGO.....it probably wasn't :dizzy: :dizzy: ......and BTW at the time the selling dealer was a LS Sponsor.......always helps to actually look at the date on post...... :eek: :waving:
I should have read through the other posts before putting in my two cents. Sorry

mojob
08-12-2006, 08:18 PM
I just noticed the post date. WTF Explain that to me if you would? I'm new to this site.

Tharrell
08-12-2006, 08:57 PM
ha ha ha ha ha
I love it when someone sneaks a 2-3 year old thread in!
By the way, how are those 2 year olds doing guys?

jim dailey
08-12-2006, 09:04 PM
ha ha ha ha ha
I love it when someone sneaks a 2-3 year old thread in!
By the way, how are those 2 year olds doing guys?

BOTH of my 2 year old 8000's are doing just great. Not a single problem, either here in the Northeast, or down in Daytona, Fl.............

MMLawn
08-12-2006, 10:17 PM
I just noticed the post date. WTF Explain that to me if you would? I'm new to this site.

All post are archived on LS and the guy that posted just before you pulled up and posted to this 2 year old post (but if you read his post he did start that it was 2 years old) and when he did that it put it back on the front page.