PDA

View Full Version : Football / Baseball bid help?

flam41
11-02-2004, 03:54 PM
Hi all
I am going to bid 5 foot ball fields @ 3 schools & 1 baseball.
All to be mowed weekly march 1--> november 31
however sept 1 --> nov 15 one field will be mowed 3x week.
I mow the schools administration building & it appears as they want to utilise their guys for other projects at multiple schools in the district. I am the only bidder.
I do not want to screw them or me & need a fair price for both. this would become my largest account & is very important.
I run a 50" dixie chopper 20 hp kholer, there is no trimming involved. I would need to blow two tracks around two fields once a week. (red maxx 7000 series).
hope someone has imput. will check back tomorrow. not able to check threads till in morning.
thanks !

tiedeman
11-02-2004, 04:03 PM
Hi all

however sept 1 --> nov 15 one field will be mowed 3x week.

thanks !

3 times a week or month?

MMLawn
11-02-2004, 04:09 PM
I'm sure it is 3X a week since that will be the playing season and they will want it very close and since he is not using a reel mower.

chevyman1
11-02-2004, 04:32 PM
Go get yourself the 72", 50 horse Yanmar diesel Dixie. I saw one at the fair mow an entire football field with awesome stripes in 10 minutes...doing side to sides was 20 minutes

LwnmwrMan22
11-02-2004, 06:36 PM
I've got an 11' Tri-deck that we mow an entire football field / infield for track and it takes longer than 20 minutes.

About the 3x's / week, I really can't see that, since the football team beats the grass down with running on it all the time. Also, the school we mow for, they want the grass longer, the soccer team is the one that wants the grass shorter.

flam41
11-03-2004, 12:58 PM
hi all, When I am mowing 3x per week I will be pulling their reel mower w/ the chopper.
They wanted 3x/week, & they want me to use their reel mower.
I walked all this morning. looking about 15-18 hrs per week. there is a bit more trimming than expected & I added that time in. There is also drive, load/unload, fill up ect.
I am also adding alowance for more routine matinance oil & filter replacement.
Add gas allowance yes .
I'm fixing to start adding it all up.....

jvr
11-03-2004, 03:55 PM
You may want to look at this link for some good information. www.ces.uga.edu/pubcd/c822.htm