PDA

View Full Version : How Many Jobs a day?

GrassMasterNC
11-02-2004, 05:37 PM
Just wondering what most of you are doing a day and with what client base?

For example (10 residential yards a day with 50 regular customers for #1 crew and 2 commercial jobs a day with #2 crew) plus non-scheduled work orders (the excuse me sir, any way you can work my yard into your schedule this afternoon? gigs)

How many residentials are you averaging a day? how big are the jobs? (mow, edge, trim, and blow only) Our going rates average between $35 and $55. Billing per visit and monthly invoices for the contracted folks. Commercial contracts invoiced monthly. All contracted folks on a 12 month pro-rated billing schedule.

Just thought I'd make some conversation & get some words from the :drinkup: seasoned folks.

lqmustang
11-02-2004, 09:55 PM
I can only speak as a solo operation, but I can get anywhere from 12-17 residential per day, mow trim, and blow. Most of them fall between 1/4 and 3/4 acre. This time of year I'm only getting about 5-6 done per day due to leaves.

Oh, and welcome to lawnsite. :waving:

tiedeman
11-03-2004, 04:03 AM
there are a lot of factors involved in how many lawns someone or a crew can get done in a day...A LOT

work_it
11-03-2004, 12:00 PM
One of the biggest factors to take into consideration is how far apart your accounts are. Ran across a guy last year that operates within a 7 mile radius from his home and has almost 90 weekly accounts as a solo operation. He doesn't have any gated properties, and doesn't do anything but mowing. As soon as the leaves fall he's done for the year.

cypresslawncare
11-03-2004, 05:01 PM
Last year I worked at a pizza shop right down the street from my house. The delivery area was at most a 4 mile radius around my house. So I made a grid of 4 flyers on a sheet of paper on my computer, made 1000 copies (times 4 per sheet = 4000 flyers), and stuck them on the delivery boxes. Within 6 weeks I had 20-25 regulars, and had many other calls for odd jobs/landscaping/spring clean ups. Since the houses were so close together, I could do all of them in 3 days a week using crappy equipment (21" homeowner hondas) by myself. And I was always home at 3 pm in time to nap before my night job. Another time saver was getting houses next door to each other. I would tell my customers that I'd give them one mow for free if they got their neighbors to sign up and got three doing that. For a typical day, I'd drive no more than five or six miles for about 8 houses.

GrassMasterNC
11-03-2004, 05:08 PM
Mustang & work it,

Thanks - good info and a goal to shoot for next season. I was hoping to hear that others were working in the manner with which I intend to - that's encouraging.

Tiedeman, I have read several valuable posts by you on here since joining. Do you have any "for instances" that I have not thought of yet?

Thanks, fellas!

MSYardman
11-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Basically, I try to make sure every employee brings in revenues of $181 - $227 per day.

You can be profitable with this formula.

turf9
11-07-2004, 07:45 PM
Last year I worked at a pizza shop right down the street from my house. The delivery area was at most a 4 mile radius around my house. So I made a grid of 4 flyers on a sheet of paper on my computer, made 1000 copies (times 4 per sheet = 4000 flyers), and stuck them on the delivery boxes. Within 6 weeks I had 20-25 regulars, and had many other calls for odd jobs/landscaping/spring clean ups. Since the houses were so close together, I could do all of them in 3 days a week using crappy equipment (21" homeowner hondas) by myself. And I was always home at 3 pm in time to nap before my night job. Another time saver was getting houses next door to each other. I would tell my customers that I'd give them one mow for free if they got their neighbors to sign up and got three doing that. For a typical day, I'd drive no more than five or six miles for about 8 houses.

Now that what im talking bout. congrats cypress

fbarb111
11-25-2004, 06:31 PM
Looking for winter work Iam a landscaper Thanks

K.Carothers
11-26-2004, 05:16 PM
I can only speak as a solo operation, but I can get anywhere from 12-17 residential per day, mow trim, and blow. Most of them fall between 1/4 and 3/4 acre. This time of year I'm only getting about 5-6 done per day due to leaves.

Oh, and welcome to lawnsite. :waving:
I am a solo operation. Being new to the business, do you only cut blow and go? If so, can you make good cash at this as a full timer?