PDA

View Full Version : South Carolina LCO's

coastallandscapesolutions
11-02-2004, 09:07 PM
Ran into something today in Georgetown County. I was working a bid proposal up for maintenance of most of the county buildings and in the specs.... there is the requirement for LCO's to have a "Contractors License". I have looked around the SC website and emailed several people. Has anyone else run into this before? The bid is for 16 locations including the county airport (745 acres).

Thanks,

Brian

Island Lawn
11-04-2004, 09:45 PM
No, but I don't have any experience with govt work.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told by "The Man" (his name escapes me...big judge in Gtown...) a few years ago that Gtown Co doesn't require lco's to have a business license.

But I suppose that's a diff matter

I assume it's their (the county gov) stipulation?

I can only suggest that you continue emailing people.

Did the previous lco meet this requirement?

I'd like to know how this turns out for you.

11-04-2004, 10:53 PM
Turns out the county has its own license for contractors. The state has no requirements for LCO's. For Georgetown County, contact the County Building Department at 545-3116. The office is located at 120 Broad Street in Georgetown. They issue a contractors license so you can do work for the county.

moremowing4me
11-05-2004, 02:55 AM
How much was this license if you dont mind me asking?

11-05-2004, 06:40 AM
How much was this license if you dont mind me asking?

They would not say on the phone. I should have a fax this morning with the price and will let you know.

Island Lawn
11-05-2004, 12:04 PM
Looking foward to the update.

Just so I know I have my terminology right...
You're talking contractor's license, not business license.

I don't do installs. Full serve maint with the occassional flower bed.
Since I'm not "constructing", I don't need a contractors license.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

11-06-2004, 08:24 AM
After reading all the material and talking with several people at the county no contracts license is required UNTIL you build a retaining wall. Then everything changes. You can do maintenance and installs all day and not need a contractors license.

moremowing4me
11-07-2004, 11:46 PM
Thank You for the reply. That is good to know. I was wondering why they were making you get a contractors liscense. That just didnt seem right. :blob3: