PDA

View Full Version : Rain X

Lawnchoice
11-03-2004, 01:26 AM
Who uses this stuff?

Wondering how it will work in the winter during plowing??

Thanks

dobehap
11-03-2004, 10:11 AM
Great stuff. If you are going over 25mph, you dont even need to use wipers when its raining.

Envision
11-03-2004, 10:55 AM
Wouldn't go without it. Not sure how it would behave when plowing since you aren't going as fast, but it definately would bead the water up and make it easier for your wipers to do its job.

Randy J
11-03-2004, 09:10 PM
As testified to already, it works great. Just make sure your windshield is clean before applying. If you can find Bon Ami - it's a cleanser like Ajax or Comet, at the store, that works best. It's a little less agressive than the rest, and will work well on your windshield.

xcopterdoc
11-03-2004, 09:35 PM
Works great! Good tip about the Bonami Randy! It will not scratch yur windshield. I dont know if the others will or not. Not worth the chance tho. The wiperblade manufactures use Bonami to clean winshields prior to wiperblade tests. As a matter of fact.. I think Bonamis' tag line is something like... "never scratched yet" or something like that. Clean the windshield good, apply the Rain X as per the instructions and I'll bet you'll be amazed.

grass_cuttin_fool
11-03-2004, 09:46 PM
I use it and it works wonders, If you use Prestone's winshield anti freeze or any De icer it takes it off in a few seconds so if the winshield has ice on it scrape it off

shepoutside
11-03-2004, 10:12 PM
I also use it on everything, even my fishing boat, and cabs on my tractors, work great :)

j_loppy
11-03-2004, 10:46 PM
Use rain-x all the time. I put it on every window of my vehicles.

Bonami "soap" ! My dad told me he used to use that when he was a kid and said it was the greatest stuff ever made. Where do ya'll find it? I'm in NC...

Liberty Lawncare
11-03-2004, 11:00 PM
you can get rainx in a windshield wash. press the button and voila clean and rainx all at once. It doesent freeze in the bottle so I use it when plowing. It does help melted snow to bead and runoff the windshield.

Green Pastures
11-04-2004, 12:40 AM
Best stuff since sliced bread.

:cool2:

Smalltimer1
11-04-2004, 01:04 AM
you can get rainx in a windshield wash. press the button and voila clean and rainx all at once. It doesent freeze in the bottle so I use it when plowing. It does help melted snow to bead and runoff the windshield.

Yep. $1.97/gallon at Wal-Mart. I use the winter formula to melt ice on my windshield and the summer formula for bug cleaner/remover.

Lawnchoice
11-04-2004, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the great info all.

Heading to Wallyworld in the morning to pickup a gallon. It's going to rain here and it will be great to try out.

phreak99
11-04-2004, 01:22 AM
i'm quite surprised that u all have had such great experiences with rain-x. because i used it once when it first came to market awhile back and it was absolutely horrible. now i used quality car wax which is just great. it's called "z best wax"

Liberty Lawncare
11-04-2004, 01:24 AM
i'm quite surprised that u all have had such great experiences with rain-x. because i used it once when it first came to market awhile back and it was absolutely horrible. now i used quality car wax which is just great. it's called "z best wax"

Yea when it first came out it left a funky film on the window. It dosent do that anymore.

Lawnchoice
11-04-2004, 01:24 AM

I think they changed the formula within the past 3 years or so. I also tried it on my car years ago when it came out and it streaked and made it miserable to see at night. Guess it has changed some.

Could have been the windshield on the car too. Quite a few highway miles.

meathead1134
11-04-2004, 09:52 PM
Yea when it first came out it left a funky film on the window. It dosent do that anymore.

Thats because you didn't rub it out hard enough. A few drops of water and continious rubbing will get rid of. It worked well for me, my wife found out the hard way if you don't rub it hard enough, film everywhere