PDA

View Full Version : Scag Turf Tiger

Gabby
11-03-2004, 09:44 AM
Does anyone know if Scag makes an option to put lights on the turf tiger? Has anyone done this? Thanks.

work_it
11-03-2004, 10:09 AM
I have a Scag TT, and recently put driving lights on it. I bought some small ovals with hallogen lights for $15 at walmart. They come with their own mounting brackets and didn't take that long to install. You just need to make sure they don't get in the way of the foot plate when it flips down.
They're awesome when cutting next to a busy roadside. Oncomming traffic can easily see me, and they work great for doing my own lawn when I get home after dark. Oh yea, my neighbors love me. lol

Gabby
11-03-2004, 10:22 AM
work_it, you have any pics of your lights? Where/how did you tie in power for the lights? Thanks.

work_it
11-03-2004, 10:26 AM
I haven't taken any pictures of it yet, but I'll take some and post them here for you in the next couple days.

work_it
11-04-2004, 09:26 AM
I took a few pics for you yesterday. You can see how the lights are mounted out of the way of the foot plate in the first 2 pics. The third pic is how I used zip ties to get all of the wiring secure and out of the way while allowing easy access (unless something goes wrong). The fourth pic is how I mounted the switch on the side of the control pannel so I could easily hook up a ground wire (orange by accident), and the hot wire is also close to the battery.

Gabby
11-04-2004, 09:47 AM
Man work_it thanks a lot for taking the time to post the pics. I really appreciate it. Good job. :waving: So Scag does not even offer lights on their mowers? Or do they?

work_it
11-04-2004, 09:59 AM
I've only seen lights on a few brands of mowers and Scag isn't one of them. They are easy to install and won't take up much of your time. Not only that but replacement lights will be a lot cheaper than the ones you would have to buy through a mower dealer.

CathyLynn
11-06-2004, 06:00 PM
Light kits are available from your Scag dealer now and listed in teh current dealers pricing at around 169 for the kit. NAPA also has a good selection of lights in the 50$ range.

work_it
11-06-2004, 08:13 PM
Light kits are available from your Scag dealer now and listed in teh current dealers pricing at around 169 for the kit. NAPA also has a good selection of lights in the 50$ range.
I think you just made one of my previous points for me. Thanks! As stated earlier, I bought my light kit for $15. Just don't see why anyone would want to spend more than they have to for the same results.

grass_cuttin_fool
11-06-2004, 08:29 PM
As cathy stated, I saw them yesterday at the GIE and the scag rep said $155.00