PDA

View Full Version : How much should I pay?

lawnprosteveo
11-03-2004, 12:00 PM
Ive come across a Walker 48" with only 60 hours on it. It belongs to an aquaintance who used it only on his own property. What's a good price for it?? ;)

BCSteel
11-03-2004, 12:01 PM
What year is it? How much hp? Whats the general condition? Did he buy it new?

lawnprosteveo
11-03-2004, 05:08 PM
Sorry.....He bought it new, not sure of the year. But hes very meticulous with the maintenance. Excellent condition, used only on his property....1.5 acres with med. tree cover/fescue...its a 48" deck, 18hp kohler

CathyLynn
11-03-2004, 07:52 PM
The model "C" is a good unit and can only be a few years old if it has the 18. The machines production year is on the serial number tag.

Great mower for small areas--residential or commercial--and can be fitted with smaller back tires and a 36" deck to do back yards with gates.

The 2004 list was around 7,000 if it is an SD unit or around 8,000 if it is a GHS unit. If it is in the shape you say, 15% off either of these prices would be reasonable----or 15% off what he actaully paid for it.

Go for it!

Cathy

grass-scapes
11-06-2004, 09:11 PM
The model "C" is a good unit and can only be a few years old if it has the 18. The machines production year is on the serial number tag.

Great mower for small areas--residential or commercial--and can be fitted with smaller back tires and a 36" deck to do back yards with gates.

The 2004 list was around 7,000 if it is an SD unit or around 8,000 if it is a GHS unit. If it is in the shape you say, 15% off either of these prices would be reasonable----or 15% off what he actaully paid for it.

Go for it!

Cathy

The first year they came out was 2003. Went from 16HP to 18 HP. it is the SAME block as the 20 HP, just a different carb.
I know this because I bought one. I paid 8200 for it off the showroom floor with the 9.5 hopper and the low profile tires. Its not a bad mower but a little awkward to work on due to lifting the whole mower up to work on. ( as opposed to a clamshell)

Just traded mine in for a 26 HP EFI walker. I thought they would handle and be essentially the same but they arent. Minor differences though. I found out that this one I have now has the speed up kit installed. Kind of squirrely in the handling....I may put on an original pulley.