PDA

View Full Version : fliers vs. post-it-notes

wrestlingcoach
11-03-2004, 01:23 PM
I was thinking of getting post-it-notes 4x6 inch that are printed as fliers.
because they could stick to the window without any problems, unlike fliers are hard to put in the door and door knob hangers don't fit just perfect.

good idea or not??

Itsgottobegreen
11-03-2004, 01:47 PM
I wouldn't go listing your prices on it. Something more along the lines of listing what you do, call us for a free quote. Or leave a space that you can write in the price when you leave it.

DLS1
11-03-2004, 03:12 PM
Not sure what you mean by small back gate on your pricing. It appears you only have a 44" mower then how do you get it through a 36" gate? Do you have any other services you do that you can list?

Prices to me are okay since it will weed out more people that would not be willing to pay your prices. You could add "licensed and insured" to make it look more like a legitimate business.

MMLawn
11-03-2004, 03:39 PM
Kinda confusing as you have Inside Lot and Corner Lot with no Sq Ft sizes listed and "Other Size" listed at like 12-17K ft. If I were a customer on an Inside or Corner 20K Sq Ft lot I hold you to the cheaper price since you have no footage listed. See what i am getting at?

wrestlingcoach
11-04-2004, 02:00 PM
would this flier would be better than the first

MMLawn
11-04-2004, 02:26 PM
WC, I like that one much better.

DLS1
11-04-2004, 02:30 PM
All I see on the 2nd one is a tree when I open it with Notepad.

Itsgottobegreen
11-04-2004, 02:34 PM
Yep. Much better. :drinkup: You will get more business that way. It sounds much more professional if you don't list prices. Get them out there asap. And reap the benefits.

kickin sum grass
11-04-2004, 03:37 PM
just need a comma after trimming. Looks good. I used this method before. It made no difference in results. Some widows, door they would not stick to for some reason. Maybe type of material or a coating of some type. Other ones they stuck just fine.
Good luck!

Mo Green
11-04-2004, 06:24 PM
Second one is definately better than the first. If it were me, I would say clean up rather than the blowing part. To me it just sounds more professional.

By the way, where are you having these done? It's a great idea. Is there a web site?

Jason Rose
11-04-2004, 09:14 PM
Hey that's a great idea! So much better than loose fliers or doorhangers wich end up blowing off the door or just never being seen. I really like the 2nd one you posted, looks professional! let us know if you find a printer to do these, i'm kinda interested in this... kinda like the post-its the Schwan's man leaves on the door. bright yellow and you can't miss seeing it on your door even from the street.

wrestlingcoach
11-04-2004, 09:43 PM
During wrestling practice today, I talked to 3 of my wrestlers that are in printshop class (actual name: graphics design class). They said they do post-it-notes and fliers, business cards what ever I needed. I told them how about 2500, no problem. But they can not take payment, the way to pay them is by a pizza partyor something to that effect. SURE, NO Problem I said. I am going to talk to the teacher tomorrow to get details. $50 in food for a heavyweight and others.

The funny thing is that when I showed them the 2nd flier, they laughed. No color, so I think I am getting color ink and stuff. They are supposed to redesign it. I will post later.

So here is a thought for the rest of you, try talking to a high school or tech school about a design contest and maybe cheaper printing.

by the way i am shutting down the website in Dec. just concentrating on mowing

gfaubion
11-16-2004, 11:38 PM
Coach,
I am sure you are very happy with yourself with that breakdown of your prices. They really should be for your eyes only and they would only confuse the potential customer. Also there are hundreds of potential LCO's looking for that information.

Your ads should let the customer know who you are and what you do and if you have enough room on that post it note then add additional services if you provide them. Short and sweet on those they will really get your phone to ring.

Try your local newspaper they may very well print them for you and distribute on the front page of the paper to any zip code you want.
They work very well for me.

Don't forget to get the money.

wrestlingcoach
11-17-2004, 12:12 AM
Bought the printshop doughnuts/sausage rolls and OJ $30 total
supposed to get around 1000 full page and 2000 1/2 page fliers

I saw the first draft today 2 colors green and black on white paper
better than what I did

very basic and to the point

will post it in a day or two

lsylvain
11-17-2004, 05:15 PM
wrestlingcoach,

I would go with the post-its. I used the regular size post-its for my tax service last year. I had people tag cars at selected stores that would let me do it. The response was about the same as regular fliers on doors, but you can slam out some post-it-notes. We could almost run down a row of cars and slap them on the drivers side windows.

I'm sure the same time savings would help out with going house to house, slap on door, run to next house.