PDA

View Full Version : 57% Signed

tiedeman
11-03-2004, 04:33 PM
Well, I still have 2 1/2 weeks left for all lawn & landscaping contracts to get back from customers but so far 57% have returned them within a 1 1/2 weeks time. I am pretty happy :bday:

65hoss
11-03-2004, 04:37 PM
Very good.

How did you handle pricing based on fuel and other expenses going up?

tiedeman
11-03-2004, 08:24 PM
I left my other services, besides mowing, at my same hourly rate because I just increased it by $5 per hour per person this past spring. Almost all lawn care prices went up an average of 7%. I decided not to add a fuel surcharge this year to the contract since my prices have went up so much in the last couple of years.

dvmcmrhp52
11-03-2004, 08:33 PM
Good for you Tiedeman,
I hope next year is a great one for you.
Pricing will certainly be going up here as well.

Do you have 100% of customers on contract?

tiedeman
11-03-2004, 08:35 PM
Good for you Tiedeman,
I hope next year is a great one for you.
Pricing will certainly be going up here as well.

Do you have 100% of customers on contract?

customers that I do yearly maintenance for, such as fertilization, lawn maintenance, landscaping maintenance yes all of them are on contract. But one time callers during the season I do not put them on contract.

dvmcmrhp52
11-03-2004, 08:38 PM
Good deal.
Maybe some day we'll get to that point but for now we're not.
What type of cancellation clause do you have?

tiedeman
11-03-2004, 08:41 PM
well before I was a nice guy, and basically they had to give me a 15 day notice of cancelation with no fees, or anything. While this years contract is different because the customer has a one time fee of $100.00 per year (depends on the number of years they sign up for) for getting out of the contract.

dvmcmrhp52
11-03-2004, 08:48 PM
Good for you, sounds like you've built a good quality customer base.
Anyone complain about the fee?

Liberty Lawncare
11-03-2004, 08:54 PM
Good to hear your doing good tideman. I am focusing on leaf and snow contracts right now. I will send mowing contracts for 2005 out in a week or two. I think I will offer the same price if they send in sighned contract before 2005. I cover gas increases by fuel surcharge which is in the contract. I also have a contract for every customer.

tiedeman
11-03-2004, 09:01 PM
Good for you, sounds like you've built a good quality customer base.
Anyone complain about the fee?

I have only had one customer say that he is not renewing because of the fee. But I already got in my #1-#7 top customers. In fact my number #2 customer wants to pre-pay for 3 years

dvmcmrhp52
11-03-2004, 09:14 PM
I guess all I can say to that is.....Keep up the good work!

I'm questioning because it is a direction we need to go......
100% contract.

Have you ever done a damage waiver for new lawns?
Something else I'm considering due to the number of new lawns in new developements where the contractor doesn't do such a great job removing rocks, stones and debris.
1 french door window shattered,(rock)1 window chipped,(metal debris) and a third house pelted with a stone.

Complete removal of all debris and stones is almost impossible in these areas due to very rocky soil, thus the damage waiver idea.

Liberty Lawncare
11-03-2004, 09:41 PM
dvm how can you say dammage waiver if you break it you should fix it. I understand sh!t happens but I would not sighn a waiver if I were the customer. A thought is new lawns you are not responcable for dammage caused by flying debris left from construction or rocks due to thin lawn. That should cover you from things that you really cant controal and still hols you responcable if something happened that could have been avoided. Customers will be more likeley to accept that. Well thats my .02

dvmcmrhp52
11-03-2004, 09:47 PM
dvm how can you say dammage waiver if you break it you should fix it. I understand sh!t happens but I would not sighn a waiver if I were the customer. A thought is new lawns you are not responcable for dammage caused by flying debris left from construction or rocks due to thin lawn. That should cover you from things that you really cant controal and still hols you responcable if something happened that could have been avoided. Customers will be more likeley to accept that. Well thats my .02

That was exactly what I was talking about.

Liberty Lawncare
11-03-2004, 09:56 PM
As I reread your post I see for new lawns. dam all that typing for nothing. and with 1-2 fingers. ;)

cantoo
11-03-2004, 10:33 PM
dvmcmrhp52, we use our roller on lawns like that to press the small rocks in place. Lots of gravel drives here and snowblowers pile the stones up on the grass.

dvmcmrhp52
11-03-2004, 11:24 PM
dvmcmrhp52, we use our roller on lawns like that to press the small rocks in place. Lots of gravel drives here and snowblowers pile the stones up on the grass.

That's a thought........insist on rolling or some such to reduce the possibility of throwing a rock or stone. It then becomes my liability though..............
These current properties are basically old farm fields on very hilly and sloped terrain, constant runoff and erosion issues until the lawns are established, hence a constant supply of newly uncovered stones and rocks for the chucking......