PDA

View Full Version : Choice In Ads. For A New Guy

N.H.BOY
11-03-2004, 05:54 PM
New guy here! Hope some of you can help. If you had a choice in ads., what would be the best, in getting new accounts?
1-----FLYERS
2-----PHONEBOOK
3-----ADS ON STORES(flyers tack up)
4-----LAWN SIGNS

Thanks. I really would like more accounts for next year and I would like to have them in the spring to add to my lists of accounts.

Team Gopher
11-03-2004, 09:19 PM
Hi N.H.BOY,

For the most immediate results and low dollar approach I would think this would be the best order.

1-----FLYERS
2-----ADS ON STORES(flyers tack up)
3-----LAWN SIGNS
4-----PHONEBOOK

GrassMasterNC
11-03-2004, 09:20 PM
1. Door hangars (& put the price quote for your standard service on them)
2. Tri-fold color brochures (high quality)
- commercial version & residential version
3. high quality signs for your truck & trailer
4. clean equipment
5. magnetic business cards (always on the fridge in view)
6. business card sized newspaper ads
7. just a basic local phone book listing
8. clean cut crew (as best as possible) with clean & appealing colored uniform shirts (mandatory with fresh shirts in the truck)
9. Be licensed and Insured and advertise yourself as such.

there are a lot of rough looking outfits mowing lawns around here with 3x5 index cards for ads - so the more profesisonal we look, and when they see our prices, although maybe a wee-bit higher, (about 10%) they'll want us servicing their property.

10. If a property elects to have routine service, & after I calculate my estimates with all the services they want (chosen from our brochures and free consultation), I type up a proposal business letter, proposal, contract, and customized service calendar specifically for them. This blows them away! Even if it is just for a weekly mow, edge, trim, and blow package.

These are the measures we take to get the highest quality customers - we keep them happy - they talk...and thus, keep us happy. For the folks too cheap to go with us - we don't want them & let the fly-by-night crews get them. There are a few really professional crews working here too, but plenty of good props to get.

Now, I am still new to this business...but I found that working my ass off and making the best possible product in town goes a long way. Can't wait until next season!

Hope this helps - new guy to new guy.

N.H.BOY
11-04-2004, 09:34 PM
Thank grasmasternc, very good advice. Much thank you. Hope you being new yourself will make you lots of $$$$$$$$$$

justinL110
11-06-2004, 10:57 PM
Yeh, I would have to agree with your ways of advertising. I would say try to stay on the cheap side if possible all though sometimes if you spend the extra it may be worth it. I have been thinking of putting a sign on the back of my drop-down-gate on my trailer. Do you think this is a good idea? Or is this something you want to stay away from.