PDA

View Full Version : JD Qwik Trak

chimmygew
11-03-2004, 06:29 PM
What do you guys think of the John Deere Qwik Trak? Anyone on here own one? How well do they perform in the field and how is the cut quality? My local dealer is going to give me one for $5500. It is a 60" cut with a 23 hp Kawasaki? Think it's a good deal or not? Gonna get it tomorrow for a demo. Lemme know what you all think.

i_plant_art
11-03-2004, 06:38 PM
hey man ive used one when i worked for another company b4 i went out on my own. I liked the cut of it and the ride was smooth most of the time. The only thing i didnt like about the machine was that you cant turn around as fast as you can compared to a ZTR, your always standing up, which is ok if your mowing on flat ground but when it gets bumpy it puts alot of strain and fatigue on the knees. Also when mowing on hills i always felt like i was going to fall off even though i was no where close to rolling the machine, it just felt awkward, both parallell and perpendicular to hills. Now other than that i loved the machine, cut good, easy to maintain and service, easily accessable to the engine compartment etc etc. It sound like you have a pretty good deal from the dealer, but how many hours are on the machine? Also what year is the machine.... Ive owned a few demos over the past few years and decided i would always buy new ones from now on unless it was just an unpassable deal, only because you have to remember its a demo and there is no telling who or how many people have used it nor do you know how rough it has been run. From my experience people use and abuse demos to find out what its "limitations" are. From what you described it sounds like a good deal the only thing i would want to know is hours and year. That would be my deciding factor. This is just my .02 and my opinion others many vary.

chimmygew
11-03-2004, 06:41 PM
It's a 2004 with 26 hours.

bntt68
11-03-2004, 06:44 PM
I have the 647 quick trak. I love it. I am going to start a new thread with a picture of stripes with mega mo blades.

ed's lawn service
11-03-2004, 06:53 PM
I have the 657 Quik Trak. Love it. The only problem that I have is that after standing all day long on it, my legs were really sore. If possible, I would look into a ztr. Granted it is more money, but I think it would be worth it. If you have to bag any yards bigger than a city lot, do not buy it. A grass gobbler fills up mighty fast and you will spend more time emptying the bag than you will mowing. The quality of the cut is excellent. Mine will stripe like you wouldn't believe. That's a pretty good deal price-wise. Hope this helps... :)

chimmygew
11-04-2004, 02:41 PM
Well, my guys took it out to demo it today and cut 3 yards and while making the outline on the 4th, it backfired several times and died. Took it back and they said "broke down didn't it"? I said yep. And then they told me they would fix it and give it to me to try out again. Forget it and out the door I went.

GreenMonster
11-04-2004, 02:49 PM
Mine will stripe like you wouldn't believe.

How are you guys getting great stripes with these. Mine suck.

There's something you guys ain't tellin, me.

Don't make me beat it out of ya :D

Chimmey- why would your freakin' dealer give it to you, knowing, or at least expecting it to die? They didn't give you a head's up on that? BTW, if that ain't a major prob, I just paid $6k for a brandy new one.

chimmygew
11-04-2004, 03:42 PM
Didn't tell us squat. Cut really good though and left good stripes. We mow some pretty big properties and that is why I let my guys demo it. They are afraid after being on it a couple hours at a time that their back will hurt. Think I'm gonna wait and get another rider.