PDA

View Full Version : new toy

Liberty Lawncare
11-03-2004, 07:45 PM
I just got my new husquvarna 350 chainsaw. the thing works great! lots of power easy to start hot or cold. Vibration is verry low. :cool:

GFTC
11-03-2004, 08:19 PM
Congrats on your new saw!! I just got a Husky 385XP with a 36" and a 44" bar this summer. I really like that saw. What a time saving tool.

Liberty Lawncare
11-03-2004, 08:30 PM
gftc you must do alot of cutting? I dont do too much small trees fallen limbs and trees. Alot of 4x4 and 3x5 landscape timbers thats about it for me. The POS poulan wild thing I had fell apart in like 30 hours of use what a junk.

LB Landscaping
11-03-2004, 09:18 PM
That 350 is a nice saw, not to heavy but plenty of power.

GFTC
11-03-2004, 09:41 PM
I do tree care right now and having a big saw saves a ton of time on large removals when it comes to cleanup. I am looking into getting into lawn care as well next spring. I have a few small res. accounts now, but would like to grow next year.

geogunn
11-03-2004, 10:20 PM
LIBERTY--how does that husky compare with the old sthil 029 farm boss?

I always considered the old 029 just about right for my needs but I am needing a new saw now days.

GEO

fga
11-03-2004, 10:28 PM
nice saw. my craftsman gold edition 18" works great for what i need it for... :o

dvmcmrhp52
11-03-2004, 10:29 PM
Just bought an ms290 (farmboss) and still breaking in the motor. I think it will become my favorite firewood saw..........

Liberty Lawncare
11-03-2004, 10:35 PM
LIBERTY--how does that husky compare with the old sthil 029 farm boss?

I always considered the old 029 just about right for my needs but I am needing a new saw now days.

GEO

Last time I used a stihl saw was around 1993. It was my uncles he loved it I hated it it vibrated your teeth out and was a royal pain to start when cold. I have used only huskeys lateley and the joke poulan I bought for $120 new. What a waste of $120.
I worked for a fiew tree companys when I needed extra work they all used husquvarna we neaver had one breakdown.

Liberty Lawncare
11-03-2004, 10:52 PM
nice saw. my craftsman gold edition 18" works great for what i need it for... :o

Run it as long as you can. A neighbor of mine has an OLD craftsman saw the thing is finaly starting to crap out. It is like 23 or so years old. He dident use it much for the first fiew years but used it quite alot the last 7-8 years.
Do yourself a favor NEAVER buy a poulan. OH they are inexpencive and they show it CHEEP.
The husquvarna 350 was only $299. I dont use it on big stuff alot but it works good eaven on the big stuff. I cut a section of an old maple in half with almost no effort. This tree was about 4 feet thick. It was on the town green the maple was verry old probably was thare before the white man was.Thier were musket balls imbeded in the tree from the revolutionary war.
Husquvarna has smaller saws which cost less but occasionaly I have to cut some big stuff so I dident want to go too small.If you eaver need a new saw look into the husquvarnas.

Sam-Ohio
11-03-2004, 11:06 PM
If you are comparing chain saws that are 3 cu. inch or less - then the Poulan, Husqvarna, and Craftsman are the same machine. The only difference between them is the color of paint used.

So how can it be a "junk Poulan" , but if the identicle machine is painted orange instead of green, it becomes a great Husqvarna ?

Liberty Lawncare
11-03-2004, 11:18 PM
If you are comparing chain saws that are 3 cu. inch or less - then the Poulan, Husqvarna, and Craftsman are the same machine. The only difference between them is the color of paint used.

So how can it be a "junk Poulan" , but if the identicle machine is painted orange instead of green, it becomes a great Husqvarna ?

Thats too funny LOL you were kidding right?

dvmcmrhp52
11-03-2004, 11:25 PM
Thats too funny LOL you were kidding right?

Don't know about the husky's but poulan certainly does manufacture the saws labeled "craftsman."
As well as the Craftsman Blowers........

Liberty Lawncare
11-03-2004, 11:51 PM
Don't know about the husky's but poulan certainly does manufacture the saws labeled "craftsman."
As well as the Craftsman Blowers........

I had the new husky and the old pu poulan on the bench right next to each other they are verry diffrent. The husky has springs and rubber dampeners to reduce vibration alot. The blade brake works way better on the huskey and the engin looks quite diffrent.The reason they were right near each other I was trying to see if I could use the carry cace from the poulan for the husky but it was not eaven a close fit. Those were my observations in the hour I used the new saw today.
Also the oiler works much better on the husky and it's got more power.