PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Vac Set up

gaither
11-03-2004, 10:10 PM
I was checking to see what kind of set you guys have that use exmarks ultra vac. Do you enclose part of your trailer to carry clippings throughout the day? or what else do you do throughout the day with clippings. (especially leaves) until you get a chance to unload.

GarPA
11-04-2004, 07:56 AM
On rare occasion I'll empty the ultravac bags into the enclosed trailer when doing leaves but 90% of the cleanups I do I can either blow them into woods or dump them curbside for township leaf pick up. I rarely bid any cleanups where I have to remove the leaves from a property (unless its a small lawn where 2 tarps worth will fit in the trailer). I cant cost justify buying a leaf loader and the right truck to do this on any big scale. Bottom line is I pick and choose which one-time cleanups I sign up to do

STAN1366
11-04-2004, 09:58 AM
I'm able to dump my clippings/mulched leaves in the woods at most places. A few I'll empty the bags into garbage bags and either leave them at the curb or toss them on my trailer and take them home and dump 'em on my compost pile.

PR Fect
11-04-2004, 10:03 AM
On the big lots, we load the trailer, go and dump the trailer at the city's compost site, and return for the mower.

FrankenScagMachines
11-04-2004, 10:22 AM
I've got the Ferris equivalent to the Ultra-Vac. It is great! Here is what i use to haul clippings in (see pic below). Now in fall time i put steel sides on with a canvas roof and attach my leaf loader. We leave leaves at the curb where city pickup is available, but if we need to haul them it's no problem.

Lawn-Scapes
11-04-2004, 10:44 AM
Eric.. is that a dump? Do you still have the truck with the white leaf box?

Stripe This
11-04-2004, 08:46 PM
Plenty of room for leaves, clipping, branches, etc in the F-550 12' dump.

rookiemower
11-04-2004, 08:59 PM
lawn scapes to answer your questions about erics truck, no its not a dump and i dont know if he sold his ford white truck ;)

HOLLYWOOD6973
11-04-2004, 11:20 PM
How an the hell do you guys have lawn care business and not have a dump truck or pickup ? "You don't bid jobs where you cant dump" how professional is that? Is lawn care your full time job or a side job ?

Liberty Lawncare
11-04-2004, 11:51 PM
How an the hell do you guys have lawn care business and not have a dump truck or pickup ? "You don't bid jobs where you cant dump" how professional is that? Is lawn care your full time job or a side job ?

I do it full time I wish I had a dump. $890 for a kit to make the existing bed a dump. For now I fork shovel or rake. I do lots of leaf cleanup and haull away lots of leaves and grass clippings.
:realmad:

GarPA
11-05-2004, 05:26 AM

Simple...
1. 90% of the townships/municipalities have curbside leaf pickup.
2. for the 10% that dont, we load multiple, layered tarps into a 16 ft enclosed trailer. Holds far more than our pickups and ez to drag off and return for mowers.
3. have no desire to buy a dump truck for 4 weeks of leaf work a year. For us, a dump body does not pass the cost/benefit test
4. Has nothing to do with professionalism. In additon, those customers who have curbside leaf pickup save considerable money not having to pay disposal fees.
5. ours is very much a full time business

cantoo
11-05-2004, 11:12 PM
This is a side job for me, I have two dump trucks. I guess that's twice as professional.

HOLLYWOOD6973
11-06-2004, 09:23 AM
Hey I'm not trying to bust balls . We bag all the grass In the summer. 99.9% of the leaves we haul away, and we landscape . I guess if you not mulching or landscaping and you not bagging grass or hauling leaves, theirs no need for one.

shepoutside
11-06-2004, 09:37 AM
Most of the year , the dump insert in the pick up, dose well, as I have a gate to it, from the front of my trailer, so just back the walker in, and dump. I Have a dump trailer, for this time of year, that I put sides on, with a tarp, and have a gator loader, that hooks up to it, for the 4 weeks it needs to be a leaf vac.