PDA

View Full Version : meg-mo help!!!

lampeslawnservice
11-03-2004, 11:51 PM
HELP! Hey guys put my Meg-mo's on a few minutes ago and they started banging aparently the sides of the deck when I started the deck up. Quickly shut it down when I saw the sparks flying. Is this normal. I know call Meg-mo but it is 9:45 and I'm sure thats what he wants is a phone call right now. Maybe my deck is not made for these I have a 52" hustler super Z.

Phishook
11-04-2004, 12:02 AM
lol, probably not normal

I'd say you got the wrong blades, or ordered the wrong size.

lampeslawnservice
11-04-2004, 12:07 AM
No, everything seems to be the same size as my other blades, heck I ordered the smallest blades they have, they seem to stretch out to the same length as the factory blades.

BCSteel
11-04-2004, 12:37 AM
Did you take a look under the deck and see what they were hitting? That might give you an idea of the problem.

2k1yzfr1
11-04-2004, 01:31 AM
Just keep it running it's sure to wear away whatever it's hitting eventually. J/K I think you got the wrong size of blades :p

DLCS
11-04-2004, 08:36 AM
HELP! Hey guys put my Meg-mo's on a few minutes ago and they started banging aparently the sides of the deck when I started the deck up. Quickly shut it down when I saw the sparks flying. Is this normal. I know call Meg-mo but it is 9:45 and I'm sure thats what he wants is a phone call right now. Maybe my deck is not made for these I have a 52" hustler super Z.
My guess is you have the wrong size discs. Jack the mower up and put the blades tip to tip and see if they are hitting each other. Also, look for marks on the sides of the deck. Give Roy a call in the morning, he'll get you straitened out. A cluncking sound is normal when you engage the blades but only at startup. Sparks flying is not normal.

Smithers
11-04-2004, 08:58 PM
i read a post that you can't have a mulching kit.

i bet you have fixed the problem by now.