PDA

View Full Version : We need a new electric OCDC!

naturescape
11-04-2004, 09:59 AM
Obviously, Masterchute, although they did make a good product, is not standing behind it or professional enough in the way they do business.

Someone out there needs to make an electric OCDC again! There is so much money to make off this!

Hopefully we'll see a new product like this offered by Spring.

LCME
11-04-2004, 12:40 PM
The price of the ocdc needs to come down. Too expensive.

TClawn
11-04-2004, 01:17 PM
electric? unless you can prove to me that it won't short out when it gets wet or the dealership powerwashes it, I think I'll stick with a manual ocdc.

Runner
11-04-2004, 01:30 PM
I still really really like the original one that is built by York. Tough and simple.

gl1200a
11-04-2004, 01:42 PM
I agree NatureScape. I use a Masterchute on my Z-Trak and love it. I've had no problems with it and have even located the motor used on it so I have a backup in case there is ever a problem. My mower sits on an open trailer all summer in the rain, being washed down and in the sun and dust and I have never had a bit of trouble.

chevyman1
11-04-2004, 01:46 PM
electric? yeah that makes a lot of sense. something goes in an electronic unit, automatic visit to the dealer and lots of money. Manual? maybe a new bolt for .$79 and about 2 minutes of downtime

MMLawn
11-04-2004, 01:51 PM
The price of the ocdc needs to come down. Too expensive.

I wholeheartly agree, esp as easy as it would be to fabricate a manual one yourself.

chevyman1
11-04-2004, 02:02 PM
Dixie uses a manual engagement for the blades too, just simple and smart. $20 to replace the handle if it breaks, $300 for the electric switch if that goes....hmmm, yeah that's a big difference not to mention down-time productivity

Westbrooklawn
11-04-2004, 03:20 PM
I have to agree with Runner......York Sheet Metal's OCDC is well built and with nothing much to go wrong (such as electronics). I could not get by without mine. This time of year I close the shoot, make one pass over heavy leaves, and then make a final pass with the Walker. I can do a 6k ft. lawn this way in 20 minutes and it looks great. By mulching first with the OCDC closed I will only end up with one hopper full on the Walker.

Tharrell
11-04-2004, 04:55 PM
I've never used a manual unit but I assume they're efficient. My electric unit worked like a champ this season and fast too. The only improvement I would make would be a trigger on the handle so I wouldn't have to take my hand off the control.

gl1200a
11-05-2004, 05:20 PM
I give up...