PDA

View Full Version : How much value over investment does an irrigation system add to home equity?

j9sheldon
11-05-2004, 10:56 AM
I understand that landscaping tends to add two to three times the investment, but what about just a sprinkler system install? Just want to use it as a selling point.

thanks in advance

jerryrwm
11-05-2004, 01:51 PM
Had an appraiser tell me that an irrigation system itself adds about the value of the irrigation system installed price to the value of the home. BUT, the benefits of an irrigation system - ease of watering, better maintained landscaping, efficient water use, etc. will help increase the saleability of the house over one that does not have one. And if the landscape is well maintained then the additional curb-appeal helps with the sale also.

Sell the benefits of the system, and the value will take care of itself.

Jerry R

drsogr
11-07-2004, 11:30 PM
Had an appraiser tell me that an irrigation system itself adds about the value of the irrigation system installed price to the value of the home. BUT, the benefits of an irrigation system - ease of watering, better maintained landscaping, efficient water use, etc. will help increase the saleability of the house over one that does not have one. And if the landscape is well maintained then the additional curb-appeal helps with the sale also.

Sell the benefits of the system, and the value will take care of itself.

Jerry R

Agreed! ...................