PDA

View Full Version : Which Services To Add

TURF BUDDY
11-05-2004, 10:16 PM
I have been mowing for a few years now, and doing a few minor landscape jobs and irrigation maintenance. I would like to expand with more services. My question is, based on my limited budget which service would be most profitable with the least amount of investment. For example,lawn treatments, irrigation, paver stone, sod, waterscape. I have some knowlege of all these but, not an expert of any. I want to spend my money wisely on equipment. Any advice out there. thanks.

HOOLIE
11-05-2004, 11:41 PM
I'm in the same position as you. Planning on adding lawn treatments next season. Other than the cost of fert/seed, all you need are a spreader, sprayer and license. Treatments are usually a high profit venture, and you can do the work after you mow the lawn, eliminating windshield time.

I don't have much experience in the other kinds of work you mentioned, can't help you with those.

sodzilla
11-06-2004, 01:44 AM
Treatments are profitable but alot of exspense to get started if you buy the right equipment. My spayer was $2800 (200 gallon tank,5.5hp honda, hypro pump,Hannay electric rewind reel w/ 400' of hose). Spreader was $495.( Anderson sr2000)

Pilgrims' Pride
11-06-2004, 07:47 AM
Lawn treatments are a great way to go.
It DOES NOT have to be so expensive either.
I am strictly lawn care and started out with a lesco spreader, a back pack sprayer, and a blower. I did add a 200 gal sprayer my first year as well.
I bought it out of the want ads so it was not big money.

5 years later I'm using a z-spray, perma-green centri, lesco HPS and those same ole push spreaders.

billc
11-06-2004, 10:02 AM
Aerating. You can get a pull-behind for a ZTR for under $1500 (Lesco) and charge .0075 to .01 cents a sq ft.

TURF BUDDY
11-06-2004, 11:43 PM
Well, it sounds like most of you are leaning towards lawn treatments. Which confirms my interest to pursue this service. I have already purchased study guides to study for my licence. Thank you all for your input.