PDA

View Full Version : fall clean up price

Keegan
11-06-2004, 09:57 AM
I have a customer that has about an acre and a quarter property with about 25 - 30 trees that are all about 100' tall. Each has a ton of leaves on them. I could have used a plow on the driveway to clear the leaves. :) I spent half a day cleaning up the leaves. I will have to go back at least one more time. Probably two. Do you think $225 for the first time is fair?

tiedeman
11-06-2004, 12:45 PM
you have to ask yourself what you could be making, what you should be making, what you need to be making, and what you want to be making?

Smithers
11-06-2004, 05:57 PM
Keegan,

you will hear it now from everyone.......You are nuts for getting only $225. I hope you have not billed him yet. I am telling you from experience.

I did the same mistake last week. During a windy day, my wife and I cleaned up (or tried to anyway) a .5 acre yard, covered with leaves and spent 4.5 hrs for $125. We hauled away 21 bags of his leaves.

I was reading a thread on here about a guy who has a customer with about 5 oak trees in the back yard and he charges her once a year $900-$1,000.

1.25 acres with 30 trees is a hell of a lot of work to charge only $225. Do you have to collect them in bags or dump them on the street?

The consensus around here (LS) is that you shold be charging anywhere from $45/hr to $90. Call a few companies and you will see that the minimum is around $125, and that is just to come out. After that, they charge about $80 or so per additional hour.

I just did a yard that was .3 acres that took my wife and i 1 hr. We charged him $125.

Good luck and charge $75 per hour or more.

Green Care
11-06-2004, 07:15 PM
I think your time is being wasted bagging get yourself a loader also I get 75 hour or more sometimes never less only because I got the foot over years.I learned the only way do it is get in get out.75x6 =

K c m
11-06-2004, 07:30 PM
I have a customer that has about an acre and a quarter property with about 25 - 30 trees that are all about 100' tall. Each has a ton of leaves on them. I could have used a plow on the driveway to clear the leaves. :) I spent half a day cleaning up the leaves. I will have to go back at least one more time. Probably two. Do you think $225 for the first time is fair?

I would say you're low. How long will it take you?

RedWingsDet
11-06-2004, 07:56 PM
$35 a tarp. the tarp size is 12x8. Most lawn around here take atleast 3 Tarpsfuls