PDA

View Full Version : End of the year inventory

DanaMac
11-06-2004, 10:36 AM
I hate it when we sit on a lot of inventory over the winter. This year we did the best ever at getting rid of what we have on hand. We have left over, between 2 techs/trucks, 3 rotor heads, 2 spray heads, 0 RPs or PVBs, 6 valves, 1 Hunter and 1 Rainbird controller, 1 partial roll of poly, and the usual misc. PVC and poly fittings.

Only down side is that we have a larger spring order next year. But I would still rather get rid of what we have now.

Actually this year has been our best ever for just about everything. Revenues are up about $15k-$20k, expenses are down because last winter I made a lot of changes to phone plans, insurance - liability, vehicle and health, bought supplies cheap from a guy who retired, etc. And with the same # of employees, me and my tech.

Did you all have a better year, worse year, or same as last year? Or is it still too early for you to tell? We are just about done for the season now. I'll take a break and then find some part-time work after the holidays. Maybe :)

activelandscaping
11-08-2004, 05:59 PM
Maybe the worst year ever, for my Irrigation side of the business. I had guys doing turn-on's in mid July, and everything still looked green. :angry:

Personally I don't mind keeping a bit of extra stock. You never know what's going to happen with price's and availability.

Regards,
Active