PDA

View Full Version : Little Help?

cypresslawncare
11-07-2004, 01:47 AM
I know there's already threads on this topic, and I've read some, but will someone please give me a thourough summary of a basic contract, I'm still a little cloudy on what they are/include. I'm especially cloudy on the pro-rated thing. Thanks

HOOLIE
11-07-2004, 10:21 PM
What do you mean by the pro-rated thing? Are you looking for a contract for basic mowing services, or something more?

cypresslawncare
11-07-2004, 10:52 PM
well, i'd like to just do mow/trim/blow, but if need be, i'll do mulch, fertilize, and shrubs, but's that about it.

HOOLIE
11-08-2004, 11:39 PM
Sorry to ask another question, I'm trying to narrow it down a bit. Are you looking to get your customers on a fixed monthly contract, where they pay over 12 months for all services for the year? Or are you just looking at how to word things in general...

cypresslawncare
11-09-2004, 01:09 AM
yes, I'm interested in the 12 month contracts.

cypresslawncare
11-09-2004, 11:52 AM
12 month contract

HOOLIE
11-09-2004, 11:46 PM
Well you will want to figure out the total cost for all services you'll perform for the upcoming season. Mowing, mulch, fert, whatever you'll be doing for each customer. Then divide the grand total by 12 and you have the customers monthly cost.

Some guys break it down pricewise for each service, while others prefer to just give a grand total.

If it were me, and I plan I trying to implement this system next year, I would include on the contract some sort of provision for if they cancel, basically saying that the customer owes for the value of all services performed up to that point.

You'll also want to state if you have late charges, due dates, etc.

It doesn't have to get too complicated for basic mowing/maintenance work.

environment
11-10-2004, 08:27 AM
e-mail me, I will send you a template I use, this way I could explain what your looking at