PDA

View Full Version : FLyers...

rodbite
11-07-2004, 01:08 PM
I have a design on flyers that works great. I mean i put out 100 and sign 3-contracts (I bid a little high also) Should i market this design or give it out for free.

My Brother-in-law calls me one day. He started his own FLoorcovering business. Says he needs work. How am I getting all this work. I told him Flyer's's Flyer's's Flyer's's. But i told him how to design them. OK he does not listen. My sister design a color flyer's and they put out 70 yes 70 flyer's's. I said first you need to put out a thousand, and if you will design the flyer's my way i will pay for them and if they work you pay me back.

Well. In one month signed four jobs totaling $14,000. The phone has not stopped. As now bought two new van's.

Anyway what do you think!!!

Rod

BigEd
11-07-2004, 01:49 PM
I doubt alot of people will be willing to pay for your flyer design. There are alot of free flyer templates and good ideas floating around on this board alone. I would offer it up for free on this board,and help others that are so willing to help you. Or you could put it in your drawer marked:

rodbite
11-07-2004, 02:01 PM
I most likely will post the design. I am about helping others. Only i don't want my competitor using the idea.

Rod :blob3:

Travis Followell
11-07-2004, 08:58 PM
i will be eager to see the design of your attention getting flyers.

MowforMoney
11-08-2004, 08:18 PM
So are you going to show us, I am kinda intrested in this idea.

rodbite
11-08-2004, 08:52 PM
I am looking at moving to Palm Beach. So i emailed the same info on the Flyer's 1,000 people on the area, got a request to bid five commercial jobs, as well as several residential calls i am to meet.

rodbite
11-08-2004, 08:58 PM
OK.

I am not going to submit the flyer. But i will give you guidance on how to design the flyer. If you wish you can send it to me and i will tell you if it will work.

First forget the Bull S*** No crazy designs. No Prices and no Coupons. (this idea Will not work for companies that have been around for awhile.

Connect with the homeowners. post you address on the flyer and information about you what you do how you get were your at and were your looking to go.

Rod

Note: If you don't ask you will never receive!!!!!!!!! :blob3:

rodbite
11-08-2004, 09:00 PM
man that was bad. I have been drinking and very buzzed. I will try again in the morning.

:drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:
Rod

Smithers
11-08-2004, 09:12 PM
Rodbite, what do you mean connect with the homeowners? if you dont put a design it will look amateurish. When i design a flyer, people are impressed. When you just put words, it looks like you did not put any thought into it...it seems like you just want their money.

It would be really unfair if you dont share the flyer with us after leading is like a dog on a leash... :rolleyes:

george

KINGjosh
11-08-2004, 09:24 PM
you should show us the flyer! you should of never brought it up if you were not going to show us!

Flat Top Lawn
11-08-2004, 09:28 PM
I agree with PETRENTZ, this is a site to help other LCO's. If you don't have anything to share then don't mention anything at all.

Smithers
11-08-2004, 10:14 PM
if you are afraid that other Tampa LCO's are going to steal it....at least send it to the people in this post only that are NOT in tampa.

george

rodbite
11-08-2004, 11:28 PM
NAME
ADDRESS
PHONE

To: Homeowners.

First please allow me to introduce myself. I am Rod Bartruff the proprietor of Orange Landscape Management referred to as OLM. After spending five years working for other Companies I recently decided to take the leap from Employee to Entrepreneur. OLM is a company dedicated to Customer Satisfaction and Long Term Relationships.

I would love the opportunity to consult with you on your yard, and be very honored to earn your business. Here is a list of some of the services I offer:

∑ Lawn Care
∑ Landscaping
∑ Mulching
∑ Irrigation Repair
∑ Sod Installation
∑ Tree Trimming and Removal
∑ Fertilizing
∑ Landscape and Holiday Lighting
∑ Pavers

OLM is fully licensed and Insured. We can provide Excellent References. Also we are now taking Visa/MasterCard and American Express.

Rod & Hulya Bartruff
Orange Landscape Management

SOME MINOR WORDING IS OMITTED. BASICALLY WRITE A LETTER TO HOMEOWNERS. I HAD A WOMEN CALL AND SAY SHE GET 10 PLUS FLYERS A MONTH FOR LAWN SERV. (I BELIEVE HER) BUT THE REASON SHE CALLED ME IS BECAUSE OF THE LETTER. ALSO I GET CALLS UP TP ONE MONTH LATER OF PUTTING THE FLYER OUT.

rodbite
11-08-2004, 11:34 PM
just woke. Man i drank to much :drinkup:

Listen i know i wil hear sh** from people. BUT THIS WORKS.

Smithers
11-08-2004, 11:44 PM
Rod, i will not give you crap about it...thanks for posting it

i will try it next season and i will let you know if it works.

thanks

rodbite
11-08-2004, 11:45 PM
IT Works. Send me a copy first and i will help you fine tune it.

Rod

googles
11-08-2004, 11:58 PM
LOL, YOu kidding me

rodbite
11-09-2004, 12:02 AM
Whatever. I know it works.

HOOLIE
11-09-2004, 12:34 AM
Rod- I've seen other companies with similar type flyers, not LCOs, but painters & remodelers. Its a different approach, and I suppose that's probably why it works for you, because its so different from what people are used to seeing. Anything that gets their attention and prevents them from wadding it up and tossing it in the garbage works for me.

baka
11-10-2004, 01:34 AM
Rod,

Well,
I like your flyer. And there's gonna be a certain number of people out there who also will like your flyer. So sure it can work. But one thing that all of the advertizing companies say is that the more loud and obnoxious the ad, the more the masses pay attention to it.

But I think letter is good because some people are just sick of in your face SALE! SALE! SALE! Kind of stuff

Cheers

Baka

HOOLIE
11-10-2004, 01:54 AM
Hard to say exactly what people look for in a flyer. I think a lot of them just see "MOWING" and your phone number. I mean, you can only hype up something as mundane as lawn mowing so much.

Its all in the timing I firmly believe. Try to advertise at the right times of the year, and when passing flyers out, do it on a "good" weather day. Next spring, keep track of your response rate from day to day, and keep a log of the weather. You'll notice a spike in calls anytime the weather is nice. (Sunny and warm temps) Put them out on a chilly rainy day, and you're largely wasting your time.

Team Gopher
11-10-2004, 10:23 AM
Hi rodbite,

Thanks for posting. The more ideas we have to choose from the better we can all make flyers. Here is a link of more free flyer templates. (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=942)