PDA

View Full Version : Web Sites

gglawns
11-07-2004, 12:36 PM
Has any one created a web site for their business. If so is it worth it, did you get a lot of customers/responces from it. Also if you have one how did you go about creating it and how much do you pay for it? Thanks in advance.

Lawnchoice
11-07-2004, 12:46 PM
Check out www.1and1.com

I am currently working on getting my site up and running through these guys.

Stuttering Stan
11-07-2004, 09:22 PM
Is it worth it to have a website for a small business. I can't imagine many customers actually looking at your website,

Lawnchoice
11-07-2004, 09:25 PM
A website is a must have IMO.

A customer can email you, new prospects can fill out a quote request form for services, customers can pay their bill online, you can showcase your work, etc etc etc.

I will send you guys a link once mine is up and going.

GreenMonster
11-07-2004, 09:26 PM
I spent a few weekends over the winter with frontpage and came up with this.

www.gmlandscapes.com

I haven't tracked hits or anything, but I always send potential customers this way when I go to look at a job. I've had nothing but positive feedback from anyone that did visit it.

I plan to add more to it over this coming winter.

drsogr
11-07-2004, 10:23 PM
I think alot of it depends on how you used it, and how good the website is. If you take the time and money to have a great webside made it will pay dividends. Many of your current customers will use it to figure out what other services you offer, and future customers will look to see what kind of work you do. You can use what is called a "web template" and then plug in your info. I think this is the best way to have a great website, at a good price. Many LCO have the winter off, so why not use that time to make a website. Heck it couldn't hurt. Just make sure it doesn't look like a 3rd grader made it. If it doesn't look as proffesional as the websites you typicall visit, try again!

ProMo
11-08-2004, 08:41 AM
someone in California found my website at the beginning of the year that owns a house less than a mile from me. This guy pays at the beginning of the month and ive never seen him.

Fantasy Lawns
11-08-2004, 02:47 PM
A Web site is a great way to show new clients your work .... n yes I have gotten jobs from mine

Team Gopher
11-08-2004, 09:50 PM
Hi gglawns,

Did you know we have free web site templates you can download and use? There are four templates here. (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=15;t=898)