PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Clean-up Question

Tony1045
11-07-2004, 05:43 PM
Hi, Just wanted to get some opinions/suggestions. First, for my leaf clean-up system, I mostly mulch, mulch, mulch, with very little to no "removal". I use a John Deere Z-Trak with gator blades and a quick chute cover. I also mulch with an Xmark 36" W/B, gators and mulch kit. Both pretty much reduce leaves to powder, no problem, this is what my customers want. However, on a few occasions, where the leaves are REAL thick, it still leaves too much debris behind for my taste. What I'm looking for are any ideas/suggestions for picking up this mulched-up leaf debris. I'm leaning in the direction an accelerator for the JD. Thanks in advance for your time, Tony

Lux Lawn
11-07-2004, 07:14 PM
Tony
If you are leaving to much behind for your taste then put your catcher on and cut it again to pick up everything left behind.

Tony1045
11-07-2004, 07:18 PM
Thanks, thats what I had in mind, just wanted opinions on the accelerator itself for leaf clean-ups. How does it perform ect...

chefdrp
11-07-2004, 09:20 PM
i have an accelerater catcher on my Lesco w/b and it does a great job. I mulch first then catch them. If you dont mulch first you will fill the catcher up too fast. Its also very dusty. Buy the dust cover too.