PDA

View Full Version : pc help

tinman
11-08-2004, 09:34 PM
PC power light on but no power??????

couple days ago my pc (windows 98 gateway) started freezing up occassionally & only option was to unplug. Well when I plugged back in & pressed power button the light on the front comes on but no fans are running, no sounds at all. I have to unplug & try a couple times b4 it will work. Now I'm waiting for it to come on,,,, the other night it came on about 30 minutes after the power was turned on. Any ideas on help? I appreciate it. Or a good computer help board you could recomend.

Branchland
11-08-2004, 09:39 PM
I just got mine fixed. Was doing about the same thing. Took it to the repair store and they cleaned it up. Said it was loaded down with that spyware crap. It's 5 years old and runs like it did when it was new.

tinman
11-08-2004, 09:43 PM
how much was that? Mine is pretty clean as I use a spyware remover & virus scan every other day.

eruuska
11-08-2004, 10:10 PM
Hey Tinman,

Sounds like your power supply is shot. If you're comfortable opening the computer and working on it, this should be pretty easy, and not terribly expensive. If you don't feel qualified, take it to a computer tech guy, they should be able to fix it easily.

The fan not turning is the giveaway. If the fan was turning, I'd probably say it was the system board.

Hope this helps,
Eric

Team Gopher
11-08-2004, 10:52 PM
Hi tinman,

It does sound like the power supply. I am sure you can find a price online for how much yours goes for.

tinman
11-08-2004, 11:16 PM
thanks guys. :drinkup:

tinman
11-09-2004, 12:01 PM
It was the power supply. Thanksfor the help. I can take my life off hold & continue now. :waving: Where else can you find info on striping lawns, fertilizing, and computer help????? Nowhere, but LAWNSITE!!!!