PDA

View Full Version : grass catcher dust cover.

chefdrp
11-09-2004, 10:29 AM
Hi Pete,
Just got my dust cover and will wait till spring or so to use it since i am just about done for the year. Anyway i was wondering if i was to use the screws to attach it wont it be a pain in the @$$ to take off and put back on? Why not make these with snaps? Just wondering.

PeterA
11-09-2004, 01:34 PM
We thought of doing that. The problem is that only a small number of the catchers end up with dust covers (less than one in ten). If we used a snap system, all the catchers we sold would have to have the snaps welded on (we don't know in advance which catchers will end up with dust covers). If the snaps add $5.00 in materials and labor to each bag, and we sell one cover per 10 bags, that adds $50.00 in cost per dust cover (even before we make the dust cover itself). The screws actually work pretty well, and don't add any cost to the base catcher.

chefdrp
11-10-2004, 09:24 AM
Ok, That makes sence Pete. Thanx for the explanation. I wonder if i could go to Home Cheapo and get some kind

Fareway Lawncare
11-14-2004, 10:00 PM
The screws are Pure Genius. They go on & off in minutes. Leave the cover on for leaves...take it off for grass.