PDA

View Full Version : Leaf clean up yesterday

mole
11-09-2004, 10:55 AM
And today nothing because there's snow on the ground. Just when you think your getting ahead of the game mother nature throw's you a wrench. Of course the weather people said there would be just flakes nothing sticking yeah right.

MikeLandscaping
11-09-2004, 11:03 AM
I agree we havent had any snow yet but they are saying some on friday which i highly doubt. Was in ur situation last year when it snowed and it stuck to the ground. Hopefully it wont happen this year.

impactlandscaping
11-09-2004, 11:09 AM
At least you got yesterday's leaves off the ground. We had a $1k cleanup last year in early December, and had 5" of snow the same day. It had to wait until mid January to get cleaned up, and was a miserable mess then. We just hydroseede two yards yesterday and the temp dropped to 23 last night..won't be too long around here for some white stuff.

Smithers
11-09-2004, 11:27 AM
mole, time to get out the plow??

MikeLandscaping
11-09-2004, 11:30 AM
I think he might need the plow to clear of the snow so he can get to the leaves lol :)

LwnmwrMan22
11-09-2004, 11:41 AM
2 years ago we got 8" of snow the end of October. 2 weeks later I was back to bagging leaves again, with no snow until the end of November.

cantoo
11-09-2004, 07:32 PM
We have a couple of customers who clean their own lawns and we just pick up the leaves off the driveway. Just got back from trying to do one, blower kept plugging up, the snow was 4-6" deep on the pile. The guy did us a "favour" and piled it in long rows 4' wide. We couldn't do anything with all that snow. It is going to melt overnight so tomorrow my wife will do them.