PDA

View Full Version : Rolled the Skid-Steer Today

thepawnshop
11-09-2004, 11:41 PM
:o
Well, I'm not too proud of it, but I rolled a JD 250 today. Didn't get hurt, except for my pride. I had a large piece of curb in the root grapple and I was dropping the pieces off of a small bank. Apparently I got too close to the edge and it was a bit too soft and part of the bank gave way. I tipped over onto the grapple bucket first but when it lande on a piece of the curb, it rolled the machine over on it's side. Not really how I planned to spend my day....waiting on a tow truck to not only get the machine upright, but to pull it back up the hill. The dealer is sending a mechanic out to check it out in the AM before I run it any more...just to make sure nothing is torn up. I think she's ok, though. I know some of the hydraulic fluid came out but there is no cosmetic damage. This machine is a demo...mine isn't scheduled to be here for a couple more weeks. I told them I would've never rolled my own :rolleyes: . Perhaps I need some training wheels... ;)

JB1
11-10-2004, 12:12 AM
get a headache?

Tigerotor77W
11-10-2004, 12:22 AM
Sorry to hear that, Doug. Hope everything is all right.

thepawnshop
11-10-2004, 12:33 AM
My head is too hard to ache...The only thing I hurt was my pride, personally. Let's hope the Skid makes it out ok....

kELTIC
11-10-2004, 05:27 AM
Hi, as long as no one was hurt, what the hay. If you're doing stuff, other stuff can happen, anyone who never has an accident or makes a mistake ain't doin' nuttin'. Cheers FMK

GreenMonster
11-10-2004, 08:58 AM
The important thing is, you didn't get hurt. And lucky for you, it wasn't your machine! :drinkup:

A buddy of mine once hit a tree with my father-in-laws snowmobile. Not hard enough to get hurt, but hard enough to do about $2k damage. My father-in-law was following him on another sled. Dad got off his sled, put his arm around my buddy and said:

"Ted, the important thing is you didn't get hurt or killed. Because then I'd have to pay for this" :D

thepawnshop
11-10-2004, 09:01 AM
The important thing is, you didn't get hurt. And lucky for you, it wasn't your machine! :drinkup:

A buddy of mine once hit a tree with my father-in-laws snowmobile. Not hard enough to get hurt, but hard enough to do about $2k damage. My father-in-law was following him on another sled. Dad got off his sled, put his arm around my buddy and said:

"Ted, the important thing is you didn't get hurt or killed. Because then I'd have to pay for this" :D

That is hilarious!

Dodgemania
11-10-2004, 10:32 AM
Pawnshop I've been watching your threads fairly closely espeacially before you made your decision on Deere. As soon as I read title of your thread I started to cringe, because I was sure you just flipped a brand new machine. Good thing it's Deeres machine. Glad your alright!

AL Inc
11-10-2004, 12:19 PM
I was thinking the same thing "That was quick" Most importantly, you are OK

thepawnshop
11-10-2004, 08:43 PM
I was thinking the same thing "That was quick" Most importantly, you are OK

Hey, sometimes you have to get the stupid stuff out of the way early so you can get down to business. I bet I pay more attention to the terrain going forward! :dizzy:

EngDave
11-10-2004, 10:03 PM
Doug - Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you're OK. I sure have learned from my stupid stuff over the years. Probably the biggest lesson was never becoming complacent in the operators seat. Even the simplest task can be dangerous. I'll tell you about the large pine log that came straight through my windshield sometime. I'm still scratching my head on that one, just glad to have a head left to scratch!
Dave