PDA

View Full Version : Somebody stole my mower last night! Crap!

boxoffire
11-09-2004, 11:54 PM
Just thought I'd vent a little. Yep right out of my carport in front of my 2003 Oxford White Cobra, Jeeeez... Car was covered with cover I bought for it, but my JD L110, a redmax blower and a homelite weedeater were all sitting there for the taking too. I usually lock those items up with chain and lock but forgot to yesterday. Well I never lock up my Yard Machine 21 inch self propelled trim mower, so somebody walked into my carport last night and walked right off with it. Reported to sheriff, though he was probably laughing when I told him it was only worth about $100 since it was so old and there sat my 03 Cobra right in front of him. LOL... Luckily they didn't notice, or were unable to take my JD. Could have easily took my good backpack blower as well though. My neighborhood is not what it used to be I'm afraid. Been here 25 years and last 4 has seen some crime all around us. If I get serious in this biz next spring and I need to buy me a real mower like a ZTR and other commercial equipment, I don't know what I'm going to do except chain lock it up each night. You really need a good secure storage area when you get into this biz I'm afraid. For security and the extra room you need. I'm hoping to keep my Cobra and still get a truck to pull my trailer instead of an old 93 Jeep Cherokee I6 beater, but I need much work next spring to keep that car I'm afraid. Thieves will probably come back for the car next time... :help: Ok, I'm done. Thanks.