PDA

View Full Version : Getting a Certified Landscaping Technician Lic.

baka
11-10-2004, 01:25 AM
I think I posted this in the wrong forum earlier today So sorry!

Anyways, I was wondering if some of you guys think its worth it to take the Certified Landscaping Technician course (exterior). Its offered in 28 states but it seems to be very expensive. They charge you for the books and you need to take a four hour test.

Anyone every done it?

Is it well known?

Have you seen an increase in business because of it?

Cheers!

Team Gopher
11-10-2004, 10:25 AM
Hi baka,

Here is an older post that might be helpful.

Landsaping certification ALCA (http://server2.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=39528)

Meadowbrook
11-13-2004, 10:21 PM
We had a CLT testing here in PA, Pennsylvania Landscape & Nursery Association offered it. Their forms raved about it being great because government facilities are looking for people who are CLT's. This, IMO, is crap. I went to the testing (they had a free viewing 'from a great distance', and a free lunch) Yummy, lunch was the best part, especially the complimentary cookie....but as far as the testing went, there were about 13-14 different stations for whichever division you wanted to take (construction, irrigation, lawn maintenance, etc.) and they were semi-viewable at best. There was a rope perimeter around the area that you could not walk past, there were more than too many areas that you couldn't walk without an 'official'. All in all, worthless, there weren't many people that showed up to take it anyway. My opinion, stay at home and make fliers, brochures and mailers, they're cheaper, and more effective.

Chris

baka
11-15-2004, 09:22 PM
Thanks Chris,

If I ever do decide to do it, it will be when I'm so freakin' rich from mowin' that I don't know what to do with all my money.

Cheers
Baka